TI: fiberglass and carbon fiber doors,guards,boot lids

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
Ok
Lee- this is a hollow shell of what they will look like , there will be a 5-10mm face on the underside right round where the Velcro will sit on.
So in a nutshell I offer Velcro as most opted for this solution being cheapest and easiest.

Peter-you could see the clock easily,then your going to be able to see the gauges much easier.the view will change depending if you are a fat midget, long skinny giant,I can't answer that truthfully but except from my viewing angle it's fine.
Texture finish you asked, yes I can provide a finish similar o the dash,not 100% but close.its vinyl.
Gauges are secured by the securing tabs supplied with guages that you buy.if you weren't supplied any with your guage use hot glue,that's strong and easily and clean to remove as well .
Mounting is with Velcro as previously stated in multiple posts,yes there's a flat tab at rear of dash ,but again ,costs come into play and everyone opted for velcro .
Curve? Where and why does it need a curve then?dont understand.
Pllease don't ate my reply offensively I want everyone to be happy with it at the end of the day

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Hi mate and thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know you mentioned Velcro a few times but I couldn't see anyway of attaching it! So all good there will be a lip on the underneath.

Ok so you can nearly match the vinyl... so it's just the colour isn't quite the same? I assume the texture is the same then.

Ok I wasn't very clear... I have circled the area in red in this pic, hopefully that makes more sense! It's just the gap and sharp edges look a little 'unfinished' so if there was a way of just making that blend in a little more to the dash or just round the sharp edges it would look heaps neater!

And no offence taken :p You're doing a great job just providing some feedback that's all! Also making sure I am 100% happy before I part with my cash :)

DSCF5257.jpg

G

Unregistered
Much appreciated, without feedback this pod would not look half as good as what it does now.
the vinyl could match,color is the main concern, there's hundreds of blacks lol..grey,charcoal etc....
That gap I thought that's what you were talking bout. The pod is not secured down so it's merly sitting there.
remember that every single dash sits differently,depending on the car etc,so some tolerance will be needed.
so if there's a gap I propose some heads banging together to create a remedy.

My first two would be, a foam rubber to Hyde any openings, and or a taped off area and apply silicone beading that becomes part of the pod and adds like a cuisine down when sat on the dash

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I might still be able to run my 60mm, if I cut the hole closer to the dash that may give me the room in order to fit the gauge in the middle. I might even be able to sit the outside ones a little higher to accommodate that, what do you think Q?

G

Unregistered
I reckon we will need to thin out the sun hood to give you more clearance , remember all good in cutting it so the guage sits on the dash,but remember the bezel is larger then the guage casing,,honestly I don't think it will work Craig, I really think you'll need more face then have the 60 higher than the 52's. Lemme know your thaughts

G

Unregistered
As of this Friday I will not take any more orders and is a one off, if there is another 10 interested then I'll do another run.

So if there's anyone else please email me @
qcustoms@xtra.co.nz with your order and details as the poll is now closed.

For 1 off items wanted in between productin runs or after the cost will be AU$175 due to setup and cleanup costs
thanx

G

Unregistered
ok guys now that ib completed 1 of the things you all wanted now onto the next..
Wider Guards...
what is the ideal width you want it to be wider by?
Paul mentioned +15mm is that good or??
they will be factory looking but like paul said just wider.
once that is sorted we need to decide what to do with the rear part of the guard behind the wheel.
obviously we will need it to finish off factory somehow due to the factory sideskirts.
and then the front of the guard onto the bumper...
so a few things i need your good input on again....
thanx guys
DSCF5399.jpg

DSCF5398.jpg

DSCF5397.jpg

DSCF5396.jpg

DSCF5395.jpg

G

Unregistered
sorry bout the last pic,cant delete it,but basically thats the CF style dipping i offer

stirlz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stirling
Drive
1998 vr4 galant
Hey bro will these be made to fit both PFL and FL models ? And will you be doing rear as well ?

Awesome work bro Iv got till November till my rims get here

G

Unregistered
Hey these will fit both, it's only the skirts that'll be different, but aiming on an OEM base finish so you can't tell the guards are wider

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Hey Q,
Are you able to do a fibreglass(top layer carbon) repro or cover piece of the rear tailgate garnish (PFL)
the bit between the glass and the lights on the gate tht has the LEGNUM badge across it?
I have a mate who can do it, but I'm having trouble sourcing a spare(I can't go without mine for the week or so it'll take tto mould), so would you be able to reproduce it?

G

Unregistered
I can do that but I highly doubt there'll be much interest, plus the fact it's a vital part in the sealing off fromw water an dust aswell so I wouldn't wanna play with it..although my legnum ute will be having that part on it and I may be making myself a custom 1 ,I can supply you that bar if you want pm me

stirlz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stirling
Drive
1998 vr4 galant
Hey these will fit both, it's only the skirts that'll be different, but aiming on an OEM base finish so you can't tell the guards are wider

OK cool Ill keep watching for the finished guards .And could you do a evo 8 bonnet scoop for a PFL galant ?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
I can do that but I highly doubt there'll be much interest, plus the fact it's a vital part in the sealing off fromw water an dust aswell so I wouldn't wanna play with it..although my legnum ute will be having that part on it and I may be making myself a custom 1 ,I can supply you that bar if you want pm me

All good, the lady in NZ with one finally got back to me with a postage quote..
so i should be getting it sent over soon.
the current one i have is wrapped in cheap carbon wrap (took the Legnum badge off)
so when the spare arrives ill get my mate to try mould it, then just rewrap it with proper 3m wrap (leaving the badge on if i can so its embossed on there)

as for being a seal, its only that little rubber bit that sits over the top of it that does anything, its just a decorative piece.

G

Unregistered
ok so onto the guards
here is some images of them widened in different points

the RH side is widened 20mm from front to rear
the LH side is widened only in the centre area 15mm then fades back into original points.

let me know waht your thinking guys.
its still rough and can do with some more shaving tho. but teh just is there

DSCF5412.jpg

DSCF5411.jpg

DSCF5410.jpg

DSCF5409.jpg

DSCF5408.jpg

DSCF5407.jpg

DSCF5406.jpg

DSCF5405.jpg

DSCF5404.jpg

DSCF5403.jpg

CUMSTI

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Legnum Wagon
Q. When you say "Boot lids" are we talking the red plastic suround that has the legnum decal. Mine just got f%#ng shopping trolleyed

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Hey mate, I think he means the boot for a Galant but in carbon fibre or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom