top speed

dato1200

Crunching Gears
First Name
dan
Drive
datsun 1200 2001 legnum vr4 type S
i was just wondering what the top speed is that of legnum or galant vr4 with the speed limter remove ? or with out ??

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
240km/h...although i wouldnt advise doing this too often and then putting your foot on the stock brakes.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
does it go faster any faster

Of course.

You just need to strap a few jet engines on the roof & hang on for dear life whilst you break the sound barrier & then plough into the side of a mountain & destroy both yourself & your car.

Why in this country would you want to go faster then 110km/h anyways ? You get less penalty for murder here.

dato1200

Crunching Gears
First Name
dan
Drive
cause i saw a golf r32 do 270kmph on you tube ?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I saw a monkey sniff his finger after sticking it up his ass on youtube. Didn't make me want to try it though.

dato1200

Crunching Gears
First Name
dan
Drive
no its just that they are v6 twin turbo as well

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
lol don't worry. We're just having a laugh :)

It would probably be more to do with drag and downforce than outright power at that speed (I'm not too experienced with that kind of speed and the physics of it though).

G

Unregistered
Sorry to burst your bubble but the golf r32 is a natmo at stock

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
otherwise N/A.. but i dont see why it can't be TT'ed..

talking about VW R32.. alot of them have been giving me the shits around the northside area.. they just kept on wanting to whoop my ass.. but then they get surprised that i keep up with them around the corners.. and literally lose them but i just stop my own foot from pressing ont he accelerator too much...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
There are twin turbo sixes and then there are twin turbo sixes. Saying that a Legnum should be able to do something just because another TT 6 can do it is like strapping a turbo onto your Hyundai Excel and saying that it should be able to keep up with a 1980s Formula 1 car. They're both 1.5 litre turbos, after all...

MUNGEL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jess
Drive
99 Series II Legnum
I 'tested' my car and got beyond what the speedo would show.
Loved the fact that it changed into 5th at 180 and just kept going

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I reckon I've done 240 in mine, though it's hard to tell as the speedo only goes to 180... the needle was under the trip meter!! It actually still had a lot more to go. The theoretical top speed if you go by the gear ratios is listed on club VR4 somewhere, it was like nearly 300 for the autos...

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
300km/h on standard brakes.... I'll pass on that express ride to death... :p

Top Bottom