Toyota Caldina GT-FOUR

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
Cool. Hey Don, when I saw you at Victoria Park on Saturday, was that the white Caldina that was also in the car park?

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
In my hours of research, they seem to be very popular in Singapore/Malaysia with a bit of a community going on. However, still quite limited. Fortunately, that means local Malaysian workshops are making some parts. My family is originally from Malaysia, so I could always hook up delivery etc.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Yeah, that was the caldina ;) its silver by the way

Hes getting it retrimmed black leather with silver stiching on all seats, door cards and centre armrest, very sexy

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Haha, what turbo car ISN'T prone to turbo failure! ;)

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Yeah, guess VR4s aren't too bad... More so for the front turbo than the rear though!

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
So Don, how do you think the ST246 would do around a track or in a straight line compared to Legnums...?

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Now if we're comparing stock against stock 7psi etc etc

Track itd handle quite well, corners better than the legnum, straight itd be close but the legnum has the torque to pick straight up

Keep in mind its a 4speed auto, but the auto shifts alot quicker and better than our car and final gear sits about 2000rpm at 100km/h veryy nice! But i have gotten my friend to search on gearboxes see what they can handle with no luck ( which is good)

Though sometime late next week I'll be installing an electronic boost controller and winde it up to 14psi and see how itll go, i reckon it should be very impressive as i know the 3sgte is good beans

All in all track should be good, brakes arent too bad for standard, but id probably look at a transmission cooler just for the peace of mind, only the foothandbrake may throw you off! Haha

Top Bottom