Toyota Caldina GT-T Turbo 4WD

G

Unregistered
I thought I would drop this one in here, see what VR4 drivers think of them.

Let me know your thoughts?

Its a 2001 Facelift ST215W

Engine: 2.0L Turbo
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
BHP: 255
Weight: 1140 KG
Seats: 5
Year: 2001
Length: 4570 mm
Width: 1720 mm
Height: 1490 mm

Attachments

• P186_0.jpg
    P186_0.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 73

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
that does seem too light! I'd have beleived 13xxkg or 14xxkg.

I've been fortunate enough to compare my stock VR-4 with one on the track versus 3 other VR-4's. The VR-4's were hitting the speed limiter every single lap, the Caldina guys only ever hit it once! We were quite a bit quicker.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Any performance stats on them?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Answered my own question through google. Around 7 sec 0-100, we are definitely quicker.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2843/article.html

Btw the weight is definitely not 1140kg, think that was a typo as it's actually closer to 1410kg. Google around and see for yourself.

G

Unregistered
Sorry, My typo.

Curb Weight - 1470 kg

Also you I love the new shape but pricing is a little over the top.

G

Unregistered
Personally i think they are ugly as, i just cant seem to force myself to like them even though i like toyotas

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I drove an ST246 a few days ago, and I'm seriously hoping it was having problems holding boost for some reason, because it was S-L-O-W. Good looking car, but really laggy.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Caldina's are an interesting car. But they don't possess the same "street presence" as a VR-4. They definitely don’t look as mean as the VR-4’s either. Still a rare car though. They make the same ammount of power as a factory Lexus Sourer V8 or Lexus LS400 (256 hp/191 kW) but using the small 3S-GTE turbo 4 cyl.
I’ve only seen one once which was a dark green one parked on Market Street in Sydney.

A nice car for the school teacher who likes the odd weekend getaway.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Personally i think they are ugly as, i just cant seem to force myself to like them even though i like toyotas

I have to agree...no matter how many times I look at it it just does not get any better looking....the older model looked better as a mate of mine had one in NZ.

G

Unregistered
In NZ the Toyota Caldina GT-t is a very popular seller.

Mind you Kiwis do like sheep to LOL!!

I am a Kiwi opps!!!

I have driven both and you guys are on the same page as me, VR4 has more punch!

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
I have driven both too, and the Caldina just doesn't have as much puch as a VR4, especially down low. Up top it pulls a bit back though.

G

Unregistered
OK

Mitsubishi VR4 beats a Toyota Caldina GT-T

Handsdown

G

Unregistered
Its never going to "feel" fast as the VR4 will surely have a lot more torque ... And its never going to look good either as its a Corolla ...

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
I quite like these, look no where as agressive as a vr4 though. Better consumption I would think though

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
They are kind of cute, I had a look at them when I was in early stages... then I found the VR-4... :)

Top Bottom