Tyre Pressure

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
Over inflated would normally wears the *centre* tread more, neutral camber assumed. Negative camber and stretched tyres are probably what's causing the inner tread wear.
Try 36 - 38 psi. If you are lowering front tyre pressure expect *more* understeer..so you may want to lower rear tyre pressure too.

Your staggered setup atm wouldn't be helping with understeer either.

Really need to proof read my posts when going off my phone...sorry

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
44psi?!

what load rating you got on your tires?

that would make it feel like a rock wouldn't it?

the tyreshop that fitted the 215's on a 8" said go atleast 42 to compensate for the stretch..
the ride is somewhat harsh, combined with coilovers, but im used ot it now.. The girlfriend on the otherhand isnt...

Load rating is 615Kg, max pressure is 51PSi

Over inflated would normally wear the inner tread more, neutral camber assumed. Try 36 - 38 psi. Might counter some understeer like that too.
That would be my symptoms...
Only understeers in the wet.. quite badly if i turn in hard.
in the dry its nice though

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
i was running 38 when i had 21'5s all around and the rears wore quickly on the inner edge..
had the rear 235s for 4 months at 44 and treadwear is dead even inner, outer and middle...

ill drop it back to 38, maybe 40 up front and try get another month of usable tread or so out of them and then go to 235s all round.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
I wouldn't say the pressure is too high, but you are in hyper-milling territory.

G

Unregistered
My Evo wheels are Max PSI rating of 51psi, I run 45psi all round.

Great for fuel economy and its not a really low profile, they feel fine unless you hit something pretty serious.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
I run 40psi all round, even tyre wear & feels good.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
I run 38psi all round on my 18x9.75 with 235/40 Federal 595SS...now I plan to drop it down to say 32psi? That's not going to cause catastrophic failure and have the tyre pop off tye beads right? Or should I warm the tyres up for a few laps before going hard, just to bring up the temps and bring up psi?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Why do you want to drop it? 38 for your wheels sounds about right. Could even go to 40.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Oh woops. That was totally out of context. *for a track day*

Top Bottom