URGENT HELP! gearbox

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
$60 is far to much for a rear main - they're only ¥1,800 :banghead:

Tom you did really well there! Care to post up the part numbers of the seals you replaced? Its probably worth doing all five if you're going to go to the effort of pulling a gearbox off. Brett's has obviously been off before given the colour of that gasket sealant - you may find the rear main has already been done, and its one of the other seals that's gone like Tom's...

Let you know those part numbers this arvo... have to call my mechanic for that =)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Tom i don't suppose ur mechanic ^^ can rebuild autos?? $500 for that job is great also. I was thinking $1000 for labour alone just to pull the auto out and put it back, parts and rebuild time extra, so via him it could work out a lot cheaper.. pm me also if u like so as not to spam the thread. Thanks

G

Unregistered
My Bad Guys!

Im reading this and working at the same time.... $1100 was for a manual :(

$1100 for a rebuilt auto? That's an awesome price!! Where in Perth did u get it done? And what did it include for that? All parts and labour? PM me if u want. I may need to also rebuild mine if it doesn't sort itself out.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Ok guys,

haven't got the exact part numbers, but what I have is a path to get them from Mitsubishi.

The 3 most important seals refer to page 510001 from a Mitsubishi part list. This page displays every single item from the auto gear box. What you need is item no. 27099 (looks like an O-ring), 27011 (which is the torque converter seal) and 27005 (caused the leak in my gear box).

The other 2 seals don't appear on our requested pages.

What else you need is the transfer case seal & rear main seal (which should be the same as from a Magna)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Replaced both... just don't have a number for the transfer case seal!

Top Bottom