Using ECUFLASH? What am I doing wrong?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I've got the latest version of ECUFLASH on my laptop and the tactrix openport 2 USB OBDII adapter with the Mitsubishi diagnostics plug. My car is a 2002 manual Galant, which I presume has a 7203 version ECU and was one of the last 300 cars to be produced.

Now, when I plug everything in, I can quite happily use EVOSCAN and log all sorts of telemetry data, actuate the ABS unit and clear trouble codes. But, when I try to read the ECU via ECUFLASH all I see is the program trying to communicate with the vehicle and then it disconnecting.

It states that I should consult the log file, but all that indicates is that the program has disconnected!

So tuners, wtf am I doing wrong? Is there something I've missed? I've tried this setup on a few other VR4's with the same results which leads me to think I'm either retarded or should stop using computers and go back to playing with LEGO. :mellow:

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Sorry, PC drivers, not the one behind the wheel :p

Sorry your right - the OP2 drivers that are included with EVOScan are not always compatable with ECUFlash and sometimes causes conflict. Therfore the best drivers to use are those with ECUFlash - thus why the question of what was installed first.

So to rectify this, remove both programs, remove the drivers, reboot the machine then install ECUFlash first installing the OP2 drivers. THEN when you install evoscan dont allow it to install the driver package again ;)

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
and maybe you need to confirm which ecu u have

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Yea, I've been too lazy in regards to pulling the bastard out and doing my homework. Any bet's those cheeky pricks installed a bloody Atari in there after running 300 short on ECU's.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Yea, I've been too lazy in regards to pulling the bastard out and doing my homework. Any bet's those cheeky pricks installed a bloody Atari in there after running 300 short on ECU's.

God if only we were so lucky :)

Me next at tuning :)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Do you have the VR4 Read file steup and in the metadata directory you are pointing to?

If you have these and they are being pointed to correctly etc, then try removing evo scan & ecuflash, install ecu flash and try it before putting evoscan back on. But while driver issues are not unheard of usually it's a problem with the metadata directroy and whether or not you have ecuflash looking at the correct read and base files etc.

Attachments

• Read_vr47203.xml
    267 bytes · Views: 48
  • Read_vr47202.xml
    266 bytes · Views: 57

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
Do you have the VR4 Read file steup and in the metadata directory you are pointing to?

If so, then try removing evo scan & ecuflash, install ecu flash and try it before putting evoscan back on. But while driver issues are not unheard of usually it's a problem with the metadata directroy and whether or not you have evo scan looking at the correct read file etc.

*head explodes*

I hope I don't have these issues when i look into my ecu.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Just reread my post, god I type badly! Edited a few spelling issues and I called ecuflash evoscan at one point in the original post....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Get it to work?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Not yet, but I'm seriously time starved so it's not really a big supprise! I think I'll have some time next weekend if I'm good.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
know the feeling

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Update

I did everything you guys suggested, but still no luck. I'm installing on another laptop now and will let you know how it works.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Thanks dude!

To keep everyone up to date with the saga, I installed and setup the software per the earlier instructions. Plugged it into my car and hit "read ecu"...

Which resulted in the awesome blue-screen-of-death...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
That's not so good, on the up side it wasn't halfway through a flash when it happened :)

Top Bottom