VGA Input/Output Question

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
hey tech dudes, I've tried Googling this, but have gotten nowhere with my searching.
I have an all in one pc with a touchscreen lcd screen (Aldi had them for a great price) as well as your standard PC beige box.
I am wondering if I can allow the VGA signal being output by my standard PC to be input & displayed on the builtin LCD screen on my all in one home media centre PC? There are no ports suchas a VGA input port so if it's going to be achievable i'm guessing some kind of USB dongle?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
SVHS/RCA isn't going to carry enough bandwidth for the resolution?
It doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for, but cheers for the effort.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
The only other way you could do it is via a remote desktop setup. What version of Windows is on your BeigeBoxen?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Again, a remote desktop setup would be too laggy. It's for doing everything, including 3D games.

Nevermind peoples, I'm going to hook it up to my 36 inch HD tube TV instead. Emulators FTW!!!!!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Speaking of emulators, I just installed a Super nintendo one on my Ipad and i'm having a sweet time basking in the nostalgic goodness of Donkey Kong Country. Was even able to hook up a wiimote so I have physical buttons to use. Totally recomended for anyone with an iPad, but it requires jailbreaking (very light hacking). If anyone's interested search jailbreak and snes4iphone in google for more info. Also that's the coolest gamepad ever Brad, that would be so much fun to play on.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Not as much fun as my actual arcade machine I built though, but good enough!

Yea there a fair few emulators for the Nokia N900 too, including SNES, plus it has a full keypad to boot!

Top Bottom