twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
tf035's should be good for response and about 250kw as well (same flanges as suby td04's)

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
so what would be involved in fitting suby td04s? obviously dumps would be dif. but what about flange to ex. manifold?? adaptor plates etc????

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
either cut off the old flange and weld on a new one (good luck with that!)

or adapter plates, but thats messy.

new manifolds would be the best option. they arent that expensive considering you can position the turbo any way you want it

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
true true..but what brothers gonna make me some new manifolds yo

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Josh and I have a project on the go. New bolt on manifolds with hopefully either a flange that will fit TD04's or a flange that will fit T25's/T28's(your choice of flanges) with no modifications to the firewall.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
if/when this happens you might sway me back from big single. im still floating both ideas

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
We are hoping to have a prototype made up by August/September, I'm going away for a few months and so is Josh so thats going to slow things down quite a bit.

Yes, you would need dumps to suit the turbos you fit.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
im so excited....and i just cant hide it..........stainless mani's macca?

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
They will be made from seamless hot formed thick-wall steam pipe. More specifically ANSI 48x3.6 (40 nominal bore) carbon steel pipe (melting point of 1450deg). This pipe has the ability to be crushed flat in a press and still show no signs of cracking without any heating which is also proof they are seamless given that there are no weak points. There are also several bolt holes that are not used on the side of the heads that we plan to brace the manifold with 6mm round-bar and M8 bolts in 2 places. That should be more than enough to hold a 7kg turbo working at 800deg!

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Sounds very promising! I'm sure you will have plenty of people extremely interested in how this pans out.

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
Fucking RAD!
Looking forward to following this.

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Anyone thought about the vf34?
That's the Sti turbo, better than the td04, easily sourced second hand an same pattern as the td04

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
purchasing one for the missus rex this weekend and will check to see physically how much bigger they are, but 6a13 engine bays arent exactly friendly for space, if they did fit it would be FUC*ING amazing though :D

Top Bottom