vr4 cactus..

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
hi guys and ladies~
my leggie is very sick.. and is about to drain all my savings, which is not much.

The major seal (i forgot what they were called) needed to be replaced and CV joint needs to be reconditioned. cactus....

I took it to my mechanics and well, its is gonna cost be about $950 all together.

its sat now. hopefully get it back on monday afternoon.. until then, i have to drive my wife's 1.6L auto matchback. I look so gay....

Attachments

• cac1.jpg
    cac1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 39
  • cac3.jpg
    cac3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 40
  • cat2.jpg
    cat2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 33
  • cat4.jpg
    cat4.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 33

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Damn Jono that just suxs big time. Doesn't just kill ya that these "issues" always turn up when you can least afford it.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
hi guys and ladies~
my leggie is very sick.. and is about to drain all my savings, which is not much.

The major seal (i forgot what they were called) needed to be replaced and CV joint needs to be reconditioned. cactus....

I took it to my mechanics and well, its is gonna cost be about $950 all together.

its sat now. hopefully get it back on monday afternoon.. until then, i have to drive my wife's 1.6L auto matchback. I look so gay....
Hey bro i hope you get your car back soon. But at least you will know that you will never need to do the seals again after this.
I hope they are looking after your car well for you. Remember to get them to change your torque converter seal while they change your rear main seal as well (or vice versa if it's the other way around).

Hey, don't worry about the hatchback. Even though it's for mum's, It's a merc bro :D

Do you miss your car?

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
every single time i drive, i miss my leggie. the sound, ride, the look (of other people as well). it's my wife's car actually. it hs mtx 12' jvc head unit (not too bad quality) and splits with decent amp so still fbit of fun to drive and turns eye balls since it is probably one of only Merc A160 to have subs in sydney playing hard stuff with "baby on board" sign. (i do not play loud music when my baby is in the car)

By the way,i think it was the main seal or something

I gave my mechanic a good copy of self learning japaness lesson video, beginnig with the word such as "yes~" "Lower!" "its hurting me" and "i am comming". i am sure he will look after my car~

while the car is up there, my mechanic is gonna change lsd oil as well as neccesary oil change for me . I was hoping to check out som wheels this weekend but guess i am stuck with stock bbs's for a while.

the mechanic used to have skyline before and now, he is really considering getting a vr4. probably galant.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
It is an auto, so I'm guessing it is the torque converter seal?

My thoughts too..... :confused:

Thats shit Jono, sorry to hear bro. $950 to get that work done is a pretty good price though. It has cost other memebers over $1000 to get the TC seal alone done.

LSD? Does he mean AYC?

Can't wait to see it back on the road mate

G

Unregistered
I hope you get it sorted mate, dont go through to many withdrawals over the weekend

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
it sucks so bad not having the vr4 hey, mines been off the road since before christmas..

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
I hope you get it sorted mate, dont go through to many withdrawals over the weekend

hahaha~ got withdrwals already. i wanted to overtake a corolla today with my wife car and... i was overtaken by a lancer... hmmmm.

to ease the symptoms, i think i need to jump on the rollercoaster!

it sucks so bad not having the vr4 hey, mines been off the road since before christmas..

spose to go to overnight fishing trip with work mates this tuesday after work (organised sickie).

what is wrong with yours???

G

Unregistered
The main seal must be the crank seal and the oil looks to dark to be ATF

Top Bottom