WA exhaust shops

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Just wondering if anybody knows of anywhere in Perth that would be willing to do the following if it is possible:

Cut my muffler open, remove all the silencing material and the loose pipe in there, then weld it back up with the muffler hollowed out.

Im doing this because the inside of the muffler has fallen apart and is making all sort of funny noises as well as blowing fibreglass sound deadener all over the people behind me when i floor it lol. Ive phoned around a couple of places but most just want to replace the muffler and wont do what im asking. I want it louder anyway so thats not an issue either.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Ask timmae2006, he should still have his old muffler. I think he wanted $150 for pipes and muffler, but I just took the pipes...

And to get it fitted I would recommend once more Elfe Automotive, paid $100 to install the pipes and it wasn't a 10min job!

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Sorry, i forgot to mention i have a superdragger on there. Would like to just fix that one up seeing as they are pretty hard to replace (find), plus i like the sound.

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Give Glenn at Autotainment in Burswood a call. He might be able to help you out with something like that. 9470 4233.

Cheers

Scott

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i know i asked a couple of guys at the meet but just extending this...

does anyone know where you can get something like this in perth?

Had a full custom exhaust put on today, took in 3 pics of other designs that are on here and its come up really good!

For the full exhaust installed all up $1250, what a good deal.

Downpipes are 2 1/2" into a 3" system.
I got the highest flowing cat they had, a 4" metal cat.
Larger muffler straight through design and a single hotdog.
No stainless used which is good I think as these chance of cracking specially up there its the hottest at the downpipes. And it keeps the price down.
The 4" cat actually sits higher than the stock cat which is great.
Very nice curve off the rear turbo great design.
Only thing is as my car was so loud before it just seems too quiet now but well see how it goes as I need to drive it more and yes yes is more power very responsive :)

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0494-1.jpg
\
DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

so far ive been to 3 places for mild steel catback and high flow cat quotes and ive been quoted $1200 for all places...i know exhausts arent gonna be cheap but thought there may be places out there like this one in nsw that do good deals

cheers, dan

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I have only heard good things about Hyperdrive, Tenagah, Kensei and Mindarie Custom Exhaust. Its probably worth giving a few of those places a call if you haven't already. Once I get some more funds together I will be going through either Kensei or Tenagah for my 3" turbo back system.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Cheers guys, ill be giving these places a call tomorrow or maybe monday depending on what time i get home.

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Matt,

Have you given Glenn at Autotainment a call. 9470 4233. He did mine on a Saturday morning. He can work out with you what sort of muffler you want to go with which will determine final price. Tell him Scott with the Legnum sent you. He made up a 3" Cat back with metal cat exhaust and muffler with 1 resi.

Cheers

Scott

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Matt,

Have you given Glenn at Autotainment a call. 9470 4233. He did mine on a Saturday morning. He can work out with you what sort of muffler you want to go with which will determine final price. Tell him Scott with the Legnum sent you. He made up a 3" Cat back with metal cat exhaust and muffler with 1 resi.

Cheers

Scott

Hey Scott, do you mind me asking what you paid?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Embleton Engineering
Unit 8 66 McCoy Street, MYAREE, WA 6154
p: (08) 9330 2808 f: (08) 9317 196

He does first class work, has had a lot of experience on VR-4's and is also a genuinely honest guy. He did all the piping and engineering on my car during the turbo upgrade.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
do they do exhausts there too? just wondering cause i thought you had an rpw one on...

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Yeah im taking it in tomorrow morning so he can have a look and see what the best course of action is.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
haha i took mine in this morning for an exhaust quote hes gonna wonder whats going on. he hasnt got back to me yet was looking up prices, would only do it in stainless steel. When he asks what you want done say turbo conversion :p.
Its the first thing that came up when i went in
"What car is it for?"
"Legnum"
"Please dont tell me its for a turbo conversion"

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Lol, im going to go there and ask for a turbo conversion now just to see how he reacts. I think 2xT51R's should fit.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Yeah the turbo upgrade job took a lot of work, more engineering and figuring stuff out than anything...not surprised at all he said this!!! lol

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Dan,

From memory i paid just under $1k. He said it would be cheaper with a different muffler but i went with a Magnaflow which made the price higher.

Scott

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
How is the magnaflow. Not too loud?? Thats what i decided to use cos my exhaust is rooted. Getting it put on on friday.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
embleton quoted me $2100 for cat back give or take a couple of hundred, will pay autotainment a visit. cheers scott

G

Unregistered
How is the magnaflow. Not too loud?? Thats what i decided to use cos my exhaust is rooted. Getting it put on on friday.

Remember what mine sounded like? I've got a Magnaflow muffler on mine (3-inch straight through, oval shaped)

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
probs gonna go this route then. is it drony at all?

Top Bottom