Wakefield Park Trackday Invitation from MCA 26th May 2009 (date change, see new thread stickied)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Phong,

I didn't say that, just keep the invites within reason, apologies if I came across the wrong way.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Well my vr-4 is getting a full set of fluids changed for this :)

Going to finally get around to doing the gear box + rear diff + transfer case + AYC + power steering.

Also going to do the engine oil again and replace the radiator fuild.

Ohh and finally put the ATE blue into the brakes.

Short list, all sitting in my garage waiting for me to have time :)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
LoL, nothing like a man on a mission.

Mines been done - I'm ready to rock and roll.

Who else thats coming has done any laps at Wakefield beside ET and myself?

Its a great circuit, lots of run off areas for any indescritions, and alot more challenging than you might think trying to get your lines right, you'll nail a corner but getting a complete lap where you've nailed it is quite a challenge. Even though theres no official timing, I'm pretty sure my geriatric will be there running his Camera that should give us all indications of what times we're running, my goal is to bust the 1min20 barrier.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Question...

Do you think this will slow me down at Wakefield
DSCF5094.jpg

Paul busts his Diff and I bust an Axle(ankel), figured I better handicap myself so you blokes can keep up.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
LOL, I'll be able to push my car faster than you can push yours :p

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Ha, I'll be there and I'll be doing 1min20's wait and see, I'll be pissed if I can't get my new pink race boots on though.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
lol I meant as in actually pushing...by hand, due to no diff...damn...it sounded funnier in my head! :p

G

Unregistered
Nice Kankles Kitty, hope it heals fast! So what times do VR4s usually get at wakefield?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Bradc said he's posting the diff today (time permitting). I'm not sure of transit times and if it'll get slumped with customs and quarantine due to the oils. I won't be making the track day though, the earliest I can forsee the diff arriving would be next week.

Sorry guys, I was looking forward to this one!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Paul,

Thanks for the update, such a shame. List adjusted.

Phong,

I know of only 2 x VR4's that have lapped wakefield, at the start of the last trackday, probably did around 1m25-27ish, by the end of the day _ET_ was doing 1min 20ish, I was 1min21-22ish, with no official timing its hard to say, this time we'll have a couple of Video camera's on the go (one fixed and one panning) so from video we'll be able to give reasonably accurate lap times for everyone.

Weather Forecast for Wakefield on 26th is increasing cloud, 5-17 degrees & 40% chance of late rain. I'll update Forecast with 24hours to go, which should be much more accurate by that time.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Watch this space for UPDATES

I just posted this on the MCA Website

Guys......

How long since anyone checked the Wakefield Site....... Tuesday is a private trackday booking....... I just spoke with Wakefield, they say its their fault (that it was originally booked for an off the street speed day, but about a month ago they took a booking for a private trackday....... Please tell me it was one of our guys that booked this??????????????????

I have the guys Name and Mobile Number that booked this, will try and contact him to see if he's willing to let us come.....

UPDATE 1

Have spoken with AZA - (NSW MCA MODERATOR) who will contact all involved and then update us on what the plan is from here.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Important notice

People, please keep a close eye on the Mitsubishi Club Australia Wakefield Track Day thread in regards to any updates to the situation.

Currently, there are only four spots available for Tuesday and these are at $197 per entrant.
Aaron (Aza) from Mitsubishi Club Australia is checking if you guys are able to drive down tomorrow (Monday) for track day instead of Tuesday.

Obviously, a few of us have taken leave and time off to be able to attend Tuesday's track day, so that's something you'll need to re-consider.

Be sure to stay tuned into the Mitsubishi Club Australia thread for updates and organisation information.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Or we reschedule for the 2nd of June which is a definite "off the street track day"

I'm good for Tomorrow and the 2nd of June

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
OK Everyone concerned 26th May TrackDay CANCELLED CANCELLED CANCELLED

Is now rescheduled for Tuesday 2nd of June, apologies to all for the stuff up.

Please see new thread here

PM's sent to all Members that indicated an intention of attending.....

G

Unregistered
Well I had a stop in on Tuesday and there were some really nice cars there!
Lambo, Ferrari's, Viper, R35 GTR!!!!!! and others Lotus aston martins new HSV's.........

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
You could have let me know Emanuel you were in town, I went out for a sticky after lunch... Did you see any carnage???

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
hang on.....is it just me or is HSV the odd one out in that list?

G

Unregistered
You could have let me know Emanuel you were in town, I went out for a sticky after lunch... Did you see any carnage???
Sorry Kat I went earlier and then headed to canberra or i would have made a day of it so didn't stay long otherwise would have let you know.

hang on.....is it just me or is HSV the odd one out in that list?
Well not as much as some of the others the HSV's were actually hauling ass not bad at all.

Also some of these guy's were swaping cars and having a go in other peoples cars

Well here are some pics then so you know what I mean

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
The Red Ferrari went home on a flat bed in peices..... did an EvoEd in centre field...... was a good metre off the ground after hitting EvoEd's dips.....

Top Bottom