water inside on front and back drivers side!!!!!

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Hey well the last few weeks the car has started getting a mouldy water smell, but didn’t think anything of it until today when I came out from work the front window had moister on the inside. So when I got home from work today, I decided to lift up the floor mat and the carpet was soaking wet only drivers side front and rear. When I mean soaking it was like it had just been put in a bucket of water and its only on the drivers side the passenger side didn’t feel wet at all. Any ideas of where it could be leaking from?? cheers

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
look under your car.. see if there are any holes and particularly at the grommet see if it has come off..

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
thanks ill have a look but its alot of water. i had the drivers seat out today and the carpet up couldnt see any holes but ill have another look. cheers

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
you'll have to remove your carpet and wash it... and let it dry up properly otherwise your interior's gonna stink for months!!!

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
yer i know thats a weekend job i think. but first i have to find where the water is coming from. cheers for the help mate

justdo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 evo 6.5 TME
Get someone inside the car and absolutly flood it with water and see if you can pin point it,eg window seals,door handles etc, that usally works a treat.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
yer i rem doing that with the commy but ill have to pull out the carpet so they can get a better look in there cheers mate

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Does it have a coolant type smell?? leaking heater core maybe

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
well im taking it back to where i got it from tomoz after work cause they wanna have a sus at it for and try to work out where its leaking from cheers

teppei

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Henry
Drive
Black Type-V MT Galant VR4 '99
so have you found where's the water coming from?

what happened on you is EXACTLY happening on me, very frustrating!
and today i totally removed the carpet out from the car.

027.JPG
026.JPG

it's been raining for 2 weeks in Brisbane, I'll put some newspapaer on the front and back floor and see where's the water coming from.

Top Bottom