Wednesday 27th February 2008

G

Unregistered
Yeah good meet. That bbq drive to Marrysville would be good Nick. Thanx to Phil and the Pizza Den in Park Orchards for the pizza.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
^^^ will you be driving this cruise in a civic?

good turnout, seems leggie's are becoming a 'common' car.................hahahahahaha

Very funny Phil....lol

I wont have it by then I dont think, so it might be the Swan song for the PLOW!

G

Unregistered
Marysville sounds good. I was planning on heading up to Lake Mountain for a cruise over easter long weekend anyway.

Great to meet you all too by the way

G

Unregistered
Sounds like it was a good one this week, Black spur is pretty good now days, it is fresh tarmac up there

GSRSOL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
CD5A/CE9A Hybird
IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

G

Unregistered
Does anyone know what the story was with the cop by the way?

Did he pull over the Forester?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Does anyone know what the story was with the cop by the way?

Did he pull over the Forester?

He did indeed. :( :( :( You'll have to ask the Foz driver or passenger for the details though; I don't want to say anything here because it wasn't me getting pulled over.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Canary! Said the foz was too low, had an atmo BOV and the tyres were not RWC.

That was it, $185 fine. Nice cop actually.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Are all BOV's illegal?
Only the ones that vent to the atmosphere thus breaking EPA regulations.

AFAIK anyway, and it might vary depending on state, Vic or NSW etc etc.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
*heh* we didn't want to say too much, but your mate in the Foz stayed for a good chat too. It's a GREAT example... full JDM kit and all. Dan, thanks for posting the photos... Loki even manages to squeeze in! It's a shame I didn't get to meet everyone since this time I actually WASHED my car.

Joe - that gear works a treat. My engine bay is CLEAN (for those of us who joined OZVR4 recently... mine was the filthiest ever amongst all of the Legnums!)

Paul - Honda S2000 to this? You sure? Good meeting you and your mate Jules in the V35 :). Let the games begin!

Derek - Ah the joys of new Trigger Mauve ownership. Did you have to wash off the happy-stains dirtying the car? I know I would :D

Ok, it's beer o'clock time. Let's do this!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
EPA = environment protection agency right?

They do realise that BOV's just spit out compressed air don't they?

External Wastegates with screamer pipes I can understand banning, but VTA BOV's????

G

Unregistered
They probably define it as noise pollution for a technical reason, but in reality it's little more than an anti-hoon measure. They like to pass laws that make it difficult for car style enthusiasts to do what we want, because they figure if we can't make our cars hot, we'll be less inclined to congregate and race.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Welcome back, O Fearless Leaders :)

Yeah Brad, that pretty much sums it up (or our suspicions anyway). You guys in NZ get away with murder with what you can do with your cars. Hell, look at the hoops of fire we have to jump through (burning with the fuel of red tape) for temporary permits to drive them from the freight movers to our house!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Sorry I had to pull out at the last minute everyone. Looks like a great turnout again but I really think we might need a new venue sooner rather than latter, especially one that's not quite so close to a large police station by the sounds of what happened to the poor Foz..

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Sorry I had to pull out at the last minute everyone. Looks like a great turnout again but I really think we might need a new venue sooner rather than latter, especially one that's not quite so close to a large police station by the sounds of what happened to the poor Foz..

Well, there are two carwash places here in Frankston... ;)

G

Unregistered
My local is one the corner of boundary road and lower dandenong road in Mordialloc. Not a bad place, only a little exposed as it's on the corner of a pretty big roundabout.

Nice pizza shop down the road though.

And there's another on Corner Warrigal road and centre dandenong road that i know of.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Carlovers in Bulleen would be a good spot :)
Good call Dan, the carlovers in Bulleen is a good one because the Servo that used to be attached to it, has shut down, so no one will be worried about us "loitering".

Top Bottom