What did you work on today?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Not as clean as it was before my car dirtied it lol but yes. It's clean.... walls are gloss to so a nice environment....

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
Can't get over how high you managed to get it. My tyres are normally only just off the ground

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Nearly as high as a vr4 on stock suspension

nashie Boy

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
nashe
Drive
1999 legnum VR-4 manual
last 2 days I have fitted my rear strut brace from TME steve and trotty's hard pipes which are awesome and so easy to fit

Attachments

• IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2275.JPG
    IMG_2275.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 71

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Good to see that brace being used. You just need to get those control arms in now :)

What did you use as your stand points steve?
For the rear. Just inside the scissor jack points there is some song flat stuff. For the front. Sort of between the k frame and scissor Jack points there is a strong flat bit.

And I use the trolley jack jacking point for lifting the front and the rear subframe in front of the inner mounts for the rear lower lateral control arms for lifting the rear.

Can't get over how high you managed to get it. My tyres are normally only just off the ground
You need a jack like this one (at the back of the car in the pic). Lifts to 650mm or something :)

Nearly as high as a vr4 on stock suspension

Hope I can get the wheels back on then. Cos that's what suspension is going in it....

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
You need a jack like the one at the back of the car in the pic. Lifts to 650mm or something..

I was trying to get my hands on the Costco $170, 1500kg job everyone raves about.. Until they got recalled in December.

Ended up buying this at the start of the month

http://bit.ly/1fKAaHo

$185 + $29 postage from Vic to my place in Windsor NSW
Rated to 2000kg (in Aus) but it's actually rated to 2500kg in the US.
Not a super fast pump, more like 8-9 pumps (still double valve) to full height but like an extra 3 pumps over a 5-6pump one will kill me when it's half the price and has an extra 500 kg capacity..

100mm lowest, 460mm highest, which is plenty high enough..
Sure beats the $30, 1500kg kincrome I'd been using

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Not quite as high or (anywhere near) as low as the snap on one in the other pic, we have one of these as well, it's a great jack. But our jacks get used a lot more than most so.... These are the coolest jacks we have though ;)

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Just googled the recall, it is because there is no label stating for automotive use only. Apparently work cover busted someone jacking up a demountable building with one.... Fool!

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
I have a costco jack. Why did it get recalled bit concerned now.
Not too sure, they weren't exactly helpful about it.

Went in early December, weren't in stock.
Asked to be called when they came in, was called a week later to be told they are shipping over, they'd be in late Jan.
Called late Jan/Early Feb.
Costco- Sorry, they've been recalled,

me-Okay, any replacement or word on when they'll be available again?

Costco "No sorry, goodbye."

Not sure if it was just that batch or all of them. Maybe give them a call, see if you could get more info out of them than I could?

I didn't want to wait/ buy something from them after I was promised they'd be in January (a two month wait since enquiring)
Note: I still have my Membership card and thoroughly enjoy the 1kg tubs of Butter chicken :p and the $2.99 pizza, and the $1.49 hotdog and drink!

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Just googled the recall, it is because there is no label stating for automotive use only. Apparently work cover busted someone jacking up a demountable building with one.... Fool!

Hahaha that's possibly the funniest thing I've read in a long while!

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4

Hahahaha, "There wasn't a label, how was I supposed to know it wasn't a sex aid"

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Not quite as high or (anywhere near) as low as the snap on one in the other pic, we have one of these as well, it's a great jack. But our jacks get used a lot more than most so.... These are the coolest jacks we have though ;)

After Steve's recommendation, I picked up a Kincrome 3000kg jack (for a LOT cheaper than that list price though). It's great, lifts up the car as high as I'd ever want it and seems very well built compared to my last jack. (Shitty Repco 1500kg that started leaking fluid in less than a year).

It's so frigging heavy though.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
After Steve's recommendation, I picked up a Kincrome 3000kg jack (for a LOT cheaper than that list price though). It's great, lifts up the car as high as I'd ever want it and seems very well built compared to my last jack. (Shitty Repco 1500kg that started leaking fluid in less than a year).

It's so frigging heavy though.

Out if curiosity, how much?
I work at Bunnings, and our cost pride was still around the $350 mark,
Team price was closer to $400

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
last 2 days I have fitted my rear strut brace from TME steve and trotty's hard pipes which are awesome and so easy to fit

Glad to hear they fitted well. And they work with the arc airbox.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Nice can it get under _low_ cars without too much of an issue?

nashie Boy

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
nashe
Drive
1999 legnum VR-4 manual
Yeah I need to get some better clamps and an inch longer piece of silicone for the hot side. Just a bit to tight of a fit

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Nice can it get under _low_ cars without too much of an issue?

The Kincrome? No idea, mine's on stock suspension so it's just as high as Steve's on the stands :p
I think it's 90mm or 100mm fully lowered though, so it should be enough for most cars.

Top Bottom