What did you work on today?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I bought my Costco jack when they first started selling them. A few months later they were recalled; I received an envelope with a letter and some new stickers to put on it. There was some specific detail difference on the stickers but I couldn't really find anything a normal person would notice - I am not a lawyer and I don't recall anything about Automotive Use Only. Then Costco started selling them again, presumably with the new stickers already attached.

Maybe the rules changed again, or there was a recent batch with wonky stickers.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Rated at 1 ton, how would the Blue Point jack go lifting a Pajero with a 2" lift (standard about 220mm, so plus lift would be about 260mm)? I am after something like that and am happy to pay the $500 if needed.

But on topic, I have had all shopping car park dents removed by Adam from Adam's dents (awesome guy and work) so the body is looking sweet!!
Front rotors machined and new pads. I am VERY disappointed with the DBA4000 series rotors, 1st pad change and they needed some serious machining. This 2nd set of pads will be the last on these rotors. I was using Remsa pads (nice but not too hard) and since having the new rotors, I have never been on a cruise or track day etc. Will be trying RDA rotors next.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Front rotors machined and new pads. I am VERY disappointed with the DBA4000 series rotors, 1st pad change and they needed some serious machining. This 2nd set of pads will be the last on these rotors. I was using Remsa pads (nice but not too hard) and since having the new rotors, I have never been on a cruise or track day etc. Will be trying RDA rotors next.

Interesting. I have RDA rotors and when I used EBC greenstuff pads they started pulsing within a year. Had to get them machined twice in as many years before I gave up and changed pads. Using x3e pads (from Ivan) I have only needed to get the rotors machined once in about five years.

The RDA rotors are quite near the end of their life now, and I have a set of DBA4000 rotors ready to go on when I get the time. With a new set of x3e pads. It will be interesting to see how the combo works together.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)

Interesting you say that mate, I have some serious grooves in my front DBA4000's too (stock brakes), but I put it down the the Redstuff pads. No brake pedal pulsing/vibrating though after 30 000km

I was about to try some of the Remsa pads on my other car (Hilux Surf), and feedback on these?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Yeah I had a serious lip and they were really warped. But didn't feel anything in the steering wheel?

I really like the Remsa pads though, not much dust as well which was a bonus.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Lots of dust from my remsas, same for hotwire's xr6. Lots of squeal on mine also but they stop very well.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Remsa pads are awesome bang for buck.

If you're game, ask Greg at GSLRallysport for AR1M pads

But I'm majorly inlove with the ProjectMu rotors and Type NS pads I'm currently running..
Expensive, but worth it for the awesome teal colour alone

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
Had a set of RDA dimpled and slotted disc with QFM a1rm pads and rebuilt calipers. After about 5000ks the discs were stuffed, pulled them off today and put on brembos with dba 4000's and ds2500 pads, hopefully I have better luck with this setup lol

If anyone wants some freshly rebuilt stock calipers let me know.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Added an off switch for my driver assists (excl. AYC)

DSC00791.JPG

I've never been through one, can anyone tell me if they check fuse boxes at defect stations :p

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
does that include ABS? is this a manual? i cant say ive ever felt anything intrude on the driving experience. AYC lights up like usual. but i do have very sticky tyres

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
This a pfl auto and it is mainly to get rid of ASC which cuts power hard and applies brakes when cornering under load. The fuse is the ABS fuse so it also removes ABS and TCL, but I've hooked it to the original TCL off button which is a momentary switch, it all comes back on once the car is restarted.

The ABS and TCL lights come on and the ASC light continuously flashes, which is annoying, but you wont forget you are in 'sport' mode.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
About the brakes. I would go the dba over rda anyday. The 4000s are heat treated too. Whereas I don't believe the rdas are. Warping is not common, usually you mean hot spotting and this is more often due to dirty hub faces etc. Not saying it didn't happen for the wrong reasons etc but it's rare that the rotor is at fault. And if anyone wants remsa, qfm, ferodo etc pads we can do good deals on these and dba rotors. Just putting it out there.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Unless you love the colour mud brown on your wheels all the time, I suggest NOT getting the Remsa's. Also, I'm not particularly happy with their braking either. Next I might try the A1RM pads, see how they go. I have RDA slotted discs which were paired with Redstuffs when new.

I also still have a soggy pedal, so I'm thinking my booster may have an issue. Pedal has felt soft for the whole time I've owned it :/

PhaseShiftDown

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rob
Drive
Legnum
Bought a set of nice looking copy recaros to replace the stockies and went back and forth with the seller a few times to confirm if he had the seat rail for the legnum.

Knowing that most universal rails still require some kind of modification, I was a bit skeptical when the seller told me that he's got rail that bolt straight on without any modifications. I was a bit hesitant but decided to bite the bullet anyway. Seats arrived a few days ago looking mint and rails arrived today. To my surprise, they fit!! The only slight modification i had to do is lengthen the hole slightly on the slider as the existing hole don't quiet line up, but the rest are bolt on affair. Very happy with the purchase. I paid $680 for the pair shipped to me including the rails.

Recaro Seats | eBay

IMAG0192.jpg
IMAG0192.jpg

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Havent done any work on the car today (well will do later on in the day)

But I finally became a member haha been around here for a while so thought I'd finally do it lol

Top Bottom