What did you work on today?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Well with 1 good hand I managed to do 2 engine mounts and changed engine and Gbox oil.

Ozyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
2000 Legnum
Great work . I love white.

I did some brain storming and figured out how to get the mirrors to fold in and out with my alarm. Luckily my alarm has selectable timed outputs. I'll post a video over the weekend.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Changed the front pads to Remsa on my Brembo's in an attempt to stop them squealing horribly. So much easier to change than the stock pads

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
My standard brakes started squealing with remsa pads. Don't know how brembos would go. Lol

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Haha no it doesn't!

Sounds like a dirty wog spec hilux with a cannon...

On the plus side, it does shoot flames haha

Pretty much becomes a straight pipe haha. One thing I've found is that I hit boost cut with the rear muffler disconnected, with it connected I dont get boost cut lol

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Made my vr4 go!

Ozyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
2000 Legnum
What sort of alarm do you have. You need capability to have 2 outputs that can hold for timed amount if time. The mirrors have 2 wires that change polarity on open and close. I have a think about it. I might be able to find a timer that can be triggered from the cdl wires.

I have a viper alarm and they have outputs that can set to latch for a specified timed and linked to a particular function of the alarm .

Hope the above makes sense.

giblet

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Gib
Drive
'00 VR4 Type S
Took the AYC cover off to check what colour switch I have. Should hopefully have fresh fluids in next week thanks to some local CVR4 chaps. Then I just need to sort out everything else before I can drive the car in anger.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
More preparing (dismantling: removing guard etc) ahead of getting the VR4 back together and on the road again...

Not sure how your suppose to get to some of those bolts to tighten during reassembly hah

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Hmmmm I'd like to have my indicators flash on my stock mitso imobiliser....
I know there's a write up or something somewhere... maybe I just read someone was planning on doing it....
always stuff to do!!
Paintless dent removal I think first lol

Steve

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I bled my clutch and adjusted the pedal. The fluid was looking a bit dirty and there was air in it which I'm a bit surprised about but it should be awesome now.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
How did it go?

Compared to how it was before all the good bits got removed? Slow, lots of body roll, soft, floaty, useless brakes, no grip, quiet, smooth. All over the place but a wheel alignment has fixed that, who'd have thought a car with camber changed at both ends, all control arms removed and put back, changed hub carriers on the front, rack ends, tie rods and tie rod ends, struts removed, raised a lot (forgot how high stock is) would need a wheel alignment....

Stereo sounds good though, someone should buy that ;)

G

Unregistered
Did the biggest job I could today, given my arm is still in a sling lol. Smoked Indicators for the Legnum, I hate orange Indicators personally
.Took almost 1 whole minute, definitely happy with the results!
1911882_10151959323353639_1319024229_n.jpg

Trusty Feeler gauge popped it out very easily
1920516_10151959323403639_605174593_n.jpg

1004838_10151959323443639_1573125924_n.jpg

And the new look
77519_10151959323558639_298424574_o.jpg

1889075_10151959323493639_2123022421_o.jpg

SO a how to remove indicator guide, AND a work I did today post all in one.
AND a product review, the indicators are still actually quite bright and easy too see, although a little 'white', may replace the bulbs with bright amber ones to keep other road users happy :)

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Nice. Such a hard job aye.lols. Where did you get it from?, I plan to get one too.

Top Bottom