What did you work on today?

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Fitted my COP kit, new PCV, did throttle body seals and manifold gasket.... Found out why I have a lumpy idle, the far left( rear of engine) plenum bolt was snapped :( came out easy enough atleast.

Car has never run so good!!! Feels more powerful then ever. But that bloody annoying rattle came back on my way home gah driving me nutz

giblet

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Gib
Drive
'00 VR4 Type S
Had a proper look around the VR4 that I purchased yesterday afternoon. Making a list of things that need replacing, fixing or updating. It's the lowest mileage one I have owned so far with only 48,800 miles on the clock!

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Miles? :p

That is an impressively low number on the dashboard, does the condition of the trim etc agree? Has the timing belt ever been done?

giblet

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Gib
Drive
'00 VR4 Type S
Yup, miles. It's one of the 200 or so "official Ralliart" imports. The guy I bought it from had the timing belt changed when he purchased it towards the end of 2011. Since then it has covered less than 4000 miles under his ownership. Interior is in good condition aside from some wear to the drivers recaro seat. The only mods to the car are the aftermarket speakers and stereo. It's 100% stock otherwise. Ran a background check on the car along with an online MOT (UK equivalent to a WOF) check and the mileage adds up.It's my third VR4, my first one had done 106,000 miles and the second one had 131,000 miles on the clock. Funnily enough all 3 have been official imports with the Recaro interior.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Oh, awesome, didn't realise you were in the UK, chuck some pics up on your intro thread :D

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Got new rear shoes yesterday.

Rear left has had a slow leak for a couple of months. Had 2 new front tyres put on when I bought it. Despite them only costing $135 a corner for 225/40R18's I am supremely happy with the grip and road noise of Altenzo Sport Comforter.
Having just scouted a few reviews most say that they aren't fantastic in the wet, however I have only ever had 2 issues with wet grip and that was when it was bucketing down AND i used a bit too much right foot. These combined with AYC means wet grip is not really an issue.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Did a bit, almost runs now.
Put in new swaybar bushes and stock Swaybars
Stock calipers
Pfl hub carriers
Back to stock brake lines
Bled the brakes
Put in stock struts
Redid rear camber back to stock
redid front camber back to stock
swapped back to stock rear rollstop
installed stock dumps
installed stock exhaust
Reinstalled all front control arms (upper were out to get the camber kits out, lee were out to swap hub carriers to pfl)
Swapped shifter back to stock
Swapped intercooler back to stock
swapped lights back to stock
Stock FL wheels are on now too

Just got to install stock injectors and ignition and it should run. With luck

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah. The head bolts were stretched and it made slightly less power with a blown head gasket. 22psi boost. E85. 750nm ish of torque at the engine was probably a bit much on the old girl....
196 on 98 with a blown had gasket is Ok though lol. Below 15psi you can't feel it so it'll be Ok for what I want out of it....

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
installed the following on the Lancer

- FTO hubs and Trailing Arms
- VR4 Front Brakes - RDA Standards and Bendix GCT
- EVO 8 Rims wrapped with 215/40R17

what a weekend..

also fixed The Borg's vacuum leak, seems like 1 of the injectors bottom seal wasn't sealing properly and eventually cracked...

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
fix the clicking coming from the air con vent selector servo as well as re-circ servo. what a pain.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^ strangely a similar noise hasn't annoyed me recently, wish the VR4 was on the road so it would

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
nah.. not stretched at all..

almost straight sidewall..

I kind of wish I went with the 205's

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
^ strangely a similar noise hasn't annoyed me recently, wish the VR4 was on the road so it would

It will be soon right? then you would want to fix it as everything else will be perfect. :)

rossvr4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ross
Drive
'00 Galant Type-S
Painted front calipers black and put in a JVC head unit. Got cut and polish for when it isn't going to rain.

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Wheel.jpg
Well been a busy few days here....
Painted the calipers too plus the discs... also mounted the FMIC from Ivan.. plus removed the restrictor from the stock boost conttroller...
Found a breather line from the inlet to the head..
Side on.jpg
FMIC.jpg
Front on.jpg
(just after the AFM before the turbo's) had come off the engine... (a long time ago.. there wasn't any marks to tell if it had ever been connected... hmmmm...
Bought some Kumho KU36's and mounted them on my Evo 9 wheels too.....
Polished the yellow out of the headlights... lol that was fun!!

Mounted a new power steering oil cooler still need to mount the auto tranny cooler though....
Had the front two windows tinted too so they match the rest of the car!!

Seems that the bottom to mid range has gained quite an amount of extra torques!!
Very happy with the results!!
Steve

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Thanks mate!
Once I come back from OS early April then it goes to TME for a tune....
Then I'll start looking for some Brembo's :))
I really want to repair and repaint that blasted engine cover.. I put a crack in it when i was putting on the silicone hose and I leaned on it a bit :(
Was thinking of getting Quintons carbon fibre one... dunno yet...

It just got serviced by Parra Mitso too... All the fluids top to bottom....nothing bad to report which was great!

Oh I also bought some 6mm silver pin striping to cover up the wheel arch flare insert strips.. looks awesome!!
Steve

Top Bottom