What goes into a Td-03 turbo

G

Unregistered
Thought this might be useful, following on from the 'what compressor wheel do these turbos have' thread.

They are TD-03's with a 7G steel compressor wheel. Mine measures near on 44mm diameter.

Obviously mine are worn, but you can still get a feel for the shaping.

They are oil and water cooled, and have journal type floating bearings.

Attachments

• TD03-7a.jpg
    TD03-7a.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 24
  • TD03-7b.jpg
    TD03-7b.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Turbo 001.jpg
    Turbo 001.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Turbo 004.jpg
    Turbo 004.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Turbo 005.jpg
    Turbo 005.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 21

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
You say they are worn. Can I ask how many kilometres these have done?

G

Unregistered
You say they are worn. Can I ask how many kilometres these have done?

Odometer says 60,000k but i have some doubts given its a '98

Have been running .9 bar every day for the last 30,000k though. They were still very usable, just leaking oil a bit, and one needed rebuilding/compressor wheel from touching the housing a bit..

Then i let Carsten talk me into trying the single turbo route instead... 7.5 months ago:ROFLMAO:

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Odometer says 60,000k but i have some doubts given its a '98

Have been running .9 bar every day for the last 30,000k though. They were still very usable, just leaking oil a bit, and one needed rebuilding/compressor wheel from touching the housing a bit..

Then i let Carsten talk me into trying the single turbo route instead... 7.5 months ago:ROFLMAO:

So do you still have these and did you have them reconditioned??

Thanks for posting that. I have a front cut lined up but don't have access to it yet. Been tearing my hair out to get at these little suckers to see what they are like. I want to send them off to GCG in Sydney for some advice on upgrade possibilities

G

Unregistered
So do you still have these and did you have them reconditioned??

Thanks for posting that. I have a front cut lined up but don't have access to it yet. Been tearing my hair out to get at these little suckers to see what they are like. I want to send them off to GCG in Sydney for some advice on upgrade possibilities

They are just sitting in a box downstairs. The only reason that one is in bits, is cause i got bored one night.

Basically both need bearings, one needs a seal, and one compressor wheel, the one in the pic has rounded off corners and some chips..

The price to get new ones of those was rediculous, so i went single instead..

I might try and build one decent one out of the two broken ones, but for the money second hand td-03s go for, i doubt it would be worth my time..

The last few pairs iv seen on trademe and around the place went for around $400-600nz a pair since no one else wants them

Top Bottom