What Rims for your VR4 - the "do they look pretty" thread

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah 32 would be fine :)

Pity the DC5 looks better (well imho anyway) You could always get some spacers. What are the aussie authorities like on wheel spacers?

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
You need big brakes to fill the gaps in those wheels ^

Keep looking I reckon :)

G

Unregistered
here we go...

Attachments

• mag_170_256_bg.jpg
    mag_170_256_bg.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 269

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
The Type S facelift offset is 38mm, the boring non VR-4's are 46, as are the prefacelift VR-4's.

I wouldn't really suggest a 45mm offset with 18x7.5" wheels, I would say something like 35-38mm would be best. What options are available for those wheels?

I dont know much about offsets but how about spacers? :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
It depends on your laws, Aussie may not allow spacers or may have specific rules about them.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
You can't use spacers in australia. Well, at least NSW anyway.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
not even ones that bolt onto the hub, and then have the wheel bolt onto them?
Not that I'm aware of. AFAIK you can't have anything in between the wheel and the hub. But it would be worth double checking.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
over here you have to be certified for spacers, but either option is legal here.Ohh and Craig, RE30's are in my top 3 of all wheels for looks, right up there with my TC-005's and BBS RK's

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Im thinking about these two wheels in 19x8.5, had heaps of looks at Tempe and other suppliers in aus but cant find anything that I really like, cant stand chrome, Holden freaks can keep that.

Bro what are the name of these rims, i like them alot.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
hey im wondering if anyone can tell me which one, if any of these specs will fit properly on a prefacelift Galant? If none of them which one will fit with the least problems?

18"x7.5" 45mm offset
18"x8" 40mm offset
18"x8" 35mm offset

cheers

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
i really like the Lenso Tenzo DC5... hope the local shops here in Brisbane have them.. if they do.. I'd get it..

since DC5's are only available in 42 offsets.. if i add lets say 3mm adaptors? would that work?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
J-B, the top option will fit, as will the bottom option. Not so sure about the middle one unless you got with quite small tyres.

Christian - even at 42mm they might just fit, if they don't you can always get some slim spacers.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
J-B given the standard offset (38mm) for the VR4, while the top option will fit as Brad said, be aware that it will sit a ways inside the guard... The 8" with 35mm offset is your best bet as that will line up really well :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Lenso Tenzo DC5 have it in 18x8" 35mm offset.. guy from a local shop here in Bris (SWT) showed it to me.. and said that it would be a perfect fit.. so tomorrow Im ringing up TempeTyres and order them...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I saw these rims in the flesh the other day, DTM 078's.
078.JPG

They're HOT as, I really want a set but I'd prefer them in 17". They come in 18x7.5 and 18x8.5. Ah well!

Top Bottom