Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
What do you guys think of these ?

apache-black.jpg

$1450 incl tyres 18"

How do you think they would look on my purple wagon ?

edit/ feel free to do another photoshop Scott :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
What do you guys think of these ?

apache-black.jpg

$1450 incl tyres 18"

They are 18x8.5 with +40 offset and 225/40 tyres.

Calling bradc, calling bradc :) will these go on ok ?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You might need a 3 to 5mm spacer to push them out, Mark. +40 with 8.5 width and correct tires is gonna take them awfully close to the suspension arm... Shouldn't have any problem clearing brakes as they are more than big enough.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Yeah that will be a bit close to the suspension arm at the back, but I think it just might clear it. If not a 3mm spacer should do it.They look very nice, and I bet that they will look awesome on a purple wagon.

G

Unregistered
The chrome lip really makes it stand out nicely - I love them! Make sure the rear wheel tucks into the wheel arch as per photochop!! :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Great chop once again Scott. These are high on the list at the moment.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Have any of you guys experience any problems with running staggered sizes on the AWD...?

My car currently has this combo:

17x8 235/45R17
17x9 255/40R17

Rolling circumference if different by 23.6mm. Should I be looking at selling these wheels and getting something same front to back?

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hey Joel,

some rimes can have staggered fitment but still have same circumference like the lenso widetrack for example. you would have the same width both ends just the way the wheel is desisgned it gives you the staggered look while offsets etc remain the same.

I'm not 100% about the differences on each end, but brad would be the best one to ask... calling brad :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That is a bit too much. 235/45/17 and 265/40/17 is much better, the difference in circumference is only 1.6mm, rather than 23.6mm!

I personally wouldn't run 235/45 and 255/40. Either change to 265/40 at the back, or go to 225/45 and 255/40

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
That is a bit too much. 235/45/17 and 265/40/17 is much better, the difference in circumference is only 1.6mm, rather than 23.6mm!

I personally wouldn't run 235/45 and 255/40. Either change to 265/40 at the back, or go to 225/45 and 255/40

Yep, that sounds fair enough. I would have thought that the previous owner in Japan would have known something about the centre diff/tyre size situation.

Really was hoping to not have to change tyres or wheels for quite some time :(

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
From what I've been seeing there are a lot of cars being sold over there with cosmetic mods (such as pods filters with stock AFMs and standard tuned ECUs), that have nothing at all to do with performance - in fact, sometimes they're even detrimental! Just cause they are Japanese and owned a tubo car doesn't mean they knew anything about cars... ;)

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
This is true for all makers/modifiers/owners I suppose. Anyway, back on topic.

I pulled the wheels off my car as seen in picture (A) and (G). They are:

-Front 17x8 +45
-Rear 17x9 +45 (with 10mm slip on spacer)

Tyres are:

-Front 235/45R17
-Rear 255/40R17

Now, on the rear, I think a 17x9 +35 is PERFECT. The 255 is a tad overkill in my eyes, I would rather run a 235 or 245 at the MAX. The tyres scrub the very outer edge of tread on the guard, this is due to 1) stock suspension, and 2) the guards are not rolled. If I were to roll the guards, a 255/40R17 on a 17x9 +35 would tuck under PERFECTLY.

I parked the car on the gutter to compress one side, the result showing how this 255 clad 9" +35 wheel sits as seen in picture (B) and (C).

As there are possible issues, relating to the centre differential, with running wheels and tyres of different sizes, I also tried a 17x9 +35 on the front. The tyres on the black wheels are 225/45(stolen from the R31).

Unfortunately the fitment is quite mexican. I am not sure how much camber you get when lowering the car properly, MAYBE enough to get the tops of these tyres to tuck inside a rolled AND flared guard. Hard to know. Either way, a 17x9 +35 with 225/45R17 on the front sits as seen in picture (D) and (E).

This SHOULD give you fella's an idea of what may and may not fit. Inner clearance on the back with the 9 +35 is fine, 255 is as big as you can go without touching the wishbone. Inner clearance on the front with a 17x8 +45 and 235/45 is fine, as is the 17x9 +35 with a 225/45, though larger tyres one the 9 would also be ok.

And as a side note, I am a bit of a fan of Black on Black as seen in picture (F), in a non-sexual, completely clean way of course :p

This turned out to be a bit more of an essay than first planned, just doing my bit for the OZVR4 community ;)

Picture (A)
Image001.jpg

Picture (B)
Image006.jpg

Picture (C)
Image007.jpg

Picture (D)
Image004.jpg

Picture (E)
Image005.jpg

Picture (F)
Image008.jpg