What Rims for your VR4 - the "do they look pretty" thread

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Good write up Joel!! Im quite a fan of the black on black too (the rims and car that is).

Im thinking of some new rims for my car, i measured mine tonight and they are 9" wide, no wonder they grind when i boot around corners.

Anyone know what brand these rims are?
rims1.jpg

side1.jpg

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Bob - I don't think your wheels are 9" wide, what do they say on the inside of them?Joel - thanks for all the work! I'm surprised that 17x9 35mm 255/40 fit on the back. I have 17x9.5 35mm 235/45 on mine and there is almost no room at all between the top part of the tyre and the suspension arm. Is there any chance you could maybe jack the car up and take a pic showing the gap there?Also would you be able to try the 17x9 35mm 255/40 on the front and see if you can turn the wheel all the way from the left to the right?Thanks!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
What size tyres are on your wheels Dion? A 255 on a 9 will be a flat side wall, as seen in the pic i previously posted.

Brad - Not sure whether I mentioned or not, CBF going back and reading haha, but the 9 +35 with 225/45 cleared everything lock to lock on the front. Didn't bother trying the 255 as I never planned on running something so stupidly wide.

In terms of clearance on the back, um, they don't touch, talking about 1-3mm's...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
you did say 225/45 17x9 fitted, but I want to run 255/40/17 all round on my 17x9.5" wheels, so if you could test it out for me that would be great :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha yea Brad's rims are MASSIVE, but light and very cool... Just look a bit weird atm with those tyres on them!! :rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
DeCorsa Fusion
photoshoped on car
What do ya think?

DeCorsa-Fusion-black.jpg
DeCorsa-Fusion-HS.jpg
DeCorsa Fusion Hyper Silver

Attachments

• whitewith DeCorsa Fusion.jpg
    whitewith DeCorsa Fusion.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 170

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
the black and silver model doesn't appeal to me much, but the all silver model might be quite nice!

G

Unregistered
Silver ones, very quick photoshoping

Attachments

• whitewith DeCorsa Fusion silver.jpg
    whitewith DeCorsa Fusion silver.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 192

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
The silver is much better :D

G

Unregistered
Got these today - wanted them in bronze but they do not make this wheel anymore. These were the last set of 18's I could find and I decided I like the style enough to live with the chrome finish. More pics in my members rides thread if you'd like to see them:

26102007683.jpg

G

Unregistered
Got the 8.5" with +32 offset - they seem to maybe juuuust sit outside the wheelarch, will be able to tell for sure once it's lowered.

I would have checked with you first before getting these rims if you were in Aus!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I dunno Scott, I reckon if Carsten were in a different state then you could get away with it!

G

Unregistered
mine are 35 offset and when lowered sit pretty much inline with the flares,
you might have to roll the guards or trim a little plastic off the inside of the flare.

oh and a added bonus they clear brembos

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
18x7.5" +35mm offset..

should that clear the brembo's?! I wonder if they're light too..?!

Top Bottom