Where to live

G

Unregistered
me, my wagon & My family are moving up to sunny Queensland to get some sun(and better employment) and i just thought id get my fellow driver's suggestions for nicer suburbs, or even ones to avoid!(Maybe that is more important?!)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
avoid:

logan
woodridge
inala
surrounding areas

good:
(im from south/east so)...
cannon hill
bulimba
murrarie
manly and manly west
cleveland area

G

Unregistered
Mount Cotton is beautiful and they have brand new estates in there with really nice houses - approx 30minute drive (in good traffic) to the city.
Carindale, Carina, Camp Hill are also nice; I currently live at Carindale - approx 20 minute drive (in good traffic) to the city.
The biggest decider will be where you'll be working??

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Eric the Gold Coast is a beautiful place to live but 'good' jobs are rare compared to Brisbane (especially if you are in IT). Paul has mentioned some places to avoid and I would probably say the same. If you like surfing/boating/fishing you can't beat anywhere from broad beach to hope island.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
avoid:

logan
woodridge
inala
surrounding areas

good:
cannon hill
bulimba
murrarie
manly and manly west
cleveland area

What are you talking about!! People in Woodridge go to places like Cannon Hill to steal stuff!! ha ha
Northlakes has some real nice places

G

Unregistered
I think it will be where my wife will be working, as im fly in fly out once i get a full timer. Maybe start off in Stores..
So, sticking to me'missus, she works in the Hospitals in the public sector. So near a big hospital i suppose

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
If one were to be working in Virginia (Just near airport) where would be a good place to live with not more than 45 min drive in peak hour traffic to work?
What would I be looking at in Rent in these suburbs?

;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Hotwire, I'd say around Sandgate and around that area.. its about 10 to 15 minute drive from Virginia and about 20-30 minute drive to the city.. depending on how heavy the traffic is..

about the Logan, Woodridge area, definitely avoid some of the area there.. but hey me and my parents have been living in Woodridge and have never been broken into and so does our neighbors..

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
coolangatta and kirra are nice areas on the southern end of the goldcoast. not to busy, but not quiet either and theres a hospital 5 minutes down the road in tweed heads.

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
avoid:

logan
woodridge
inala
surrounding areas

good:
cannon hill
bulimba
murrarie
manly and manly west
cleveland area
Awww i live and work in Logan, but totally agree with you lol.......
Went to Inala a couple of weeks back looking at purchasing a business. WOW Inala makes Woodridge look like Bulimba these days.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
If one were to be working in Virginia (Just near airport) where would be a good place to live with not more than 45 min drive in peak hour traffic to work?
What would I be looking at in Rent in these suburbs?

;)

I'd be looking anywhere in the area of Virginia/Northgate/Banyo/Nudgee/Zillmere. Plenty of places around.

In fact, we're selling our place on Nudgee Rd, Northgate from mid Feb which is 1 min from the Gateway, 3 min to Northgate train and 5 mins to the airport. :D

Needs some reno work and it's only 2brm but certainly has Location Location Location :p

List of rentals here :)

Top Bottom