Whistle/Squeek at idle from front passenger corner

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
So I've had my alternator belt and pulley replaced and this noise popped up again the other day. It's seemingly random, but it only happens to a warm engine idling and I can't hear it from inside the cabin. Definitely coming from the front passenger side, not where the belts are (I double checked this time). I might see if anyone has any idea on the other side of the world on ClubVR4.

Could it be something in the transmission? The sound is emanating from that general area. What parts are moving in an auto transmission with the car idling, in park with the handbrake on?

G

Unregistered
Hmm I had a similar noise a while back, looked around for ages, checked for boost leaks, found nothing. Put your ear to the valve body cover on the transmission and see if it is an electrical noise from inside. My noise disappeared after I serviced my transmission again when I descovered it was low, and the fluid inside was black as coke due to a workshop doing a number on me :angry:

Check your fluid level and condition and let us know how you go.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Hmm I had a similar noise a while back, looked around for ages, checked for boost leaks, found nothing. Put your ear to the valve body cover on the transmission and see if it is an electrical noise from inside. My noise disappeared after I serviced my transmission again when I descovered it was low, and the fluid inside was black as coke due to a workshop doing a number on me :angry:

Check your fluid level and condition and let us know how you go.

Fluid levels are good. I've had them replaced this month.

Top Bottom