While turning left, fast, ovr bumpy road, i get a metal squeek coming from the front passenger side

G

Unregistered
Hey,

Anyone else get a high pitched metal squeek coming from the front passenger side while turning left at speed over bumpy road?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Probably a bush is shot in your LH control arm or a part of it.

Pedders and similar places normal do a free suspension check which will identify what is worn out.

G

Unregistered
could be ball joint, one of them anyway. but if it sounds like a TAXI its a suspention bush.

G

Unregistered
the two suspension bushes that hold the upper a-arm on the front left will be worn.

they look like this, but not adjustible

and they bolt thru the body and are either side of the suspension tower

1075756065608_84955.jpg

G

Unregistered
the two suspension bushes that hold the upper a-arm on the front left will be worn.

they look like this, but not adjustible

and they bolt thru the body and are either side of the suspension tower

1075756065608_84955.jpg

where did you buy your adjustable ones from carsten, and what are they worth?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I have a similar sound come from the rear of the car when i boot hard around a corner, it gets worse if i do more consecutive corners. i thought it was the tyre rubbing on the suspension but maybe not?

Wes was complaining of a similar thing i think.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
I have a similar sound come from the rear of the car when i boot hard around a corner, it gets worse if i do more consecutive corners. i thought it was the tyre rubbing on the suspension but maybe not?

Wes was complaining of a similar thing i think.

that sounds more like ayc getting a work out... if it hasnt been serviced, i would recommend it

G

Unregistered
where did you buy your adjustable ones from carsten, and what are they worth?

they are from an eclispe, there fairly cheap on ebay,

i bought mine locally thou before i knew better, $250 per corner.
i have them in ths 25st, but not in my vr4

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
ive got metal mice in the front of my car to hear it on fool lock, commodore did the same thought it was power steering maybe. but the bushing sounds like a more accurate diagnosis

Top Bottom