Windows 7 and printer problems

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Hi all, just installed windows 7 ultimate but now I can not get my printers to be seen as on line. They are Canon ip4500 and ip5000, both have been installed correctly with the add on patches for windows 7 and I can see them in device and printer section but when I turn either one on they wont show up as being on line. I have searched the web withour any success, funny thing is they were working last night but not now. I dont have any error messages etc, hope this makes sense.

Gary

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you delete them, then move them to different usb ports do they redetect?

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks for the reply Brad, no they dont. I have uninstalled them so by rights the computer should find them when it turns on but it wont. For some reason if I leave the computer on for an hour or 3 and come back, both printers are there and will print but later down the track they both show as being off line again. I have no idea why it is doing this.

Gary

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
yes, everything else works fine its just the printer I am having trouble with. I have been searching the web for the past 2 days trying to find a fix but no luck, starting to really *iss me off.

Gary

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Okay, I think I have finally solved the problem. After googling code 43 error I found some answers to the problem which required me to uninstall the usb mass storage device and then reboot. No idea why this has to happen but at least everything appears to be working :)

Gary

Top Bottom