1 normal Stereo & double hole - wtf to do

G

Unregistered
Are 2 stereos just more fun.. ? surely not.

I've got a stereo to fit, but what am I ment to do with the other void left. I'd rather blow money on performance mods and hookers than get a sat nav / dvd thingy.

And those double decker cd players with the rave lightshow and little blue dot matrix dolphins jumping around screens are hideous.

Is there a plate I can use to cover the other hole, or do I fill the gap with 5 turbo timers?

My car;

img1237ai2.jpg

Some others that I've noticed (I don't need an equaliser or what ever that thing is if it's not just another unit);

P1010149.jpg

G

Unregistered
you can buy pockets, (the are direct fits)
that fit in the spare gap.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yep ^ most auto parts stores should have 'em

G

Unregistered
In my 200sx I put the turbo timer in the spare slot ... looked sweet.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Thats what I'm gona do, just three small gauges. Although, the plate will be moulded into the surround so it looks like it came that way from the factory.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Can anyone recommend a pocket that actually fits the 8th gen neatly? I haven't found one yet that fit well and they all seem to be very cheap and poor quality.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You could always make one, Justin? You can even get 'carbon fibre look' contact you could stick on the front to get it to match your dash (assuming you have the CF console).

Otherwise talk to Freddy from TopStage as they deal with custom CF applications all the time, apparently.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
get the ones from the 7th gen galants.. serves as another pocket with flap.. check your local motor wrecker.. should have some..

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
SiliconAngel: I'm leaning towards a custom install at this stage. Not overly fussed on CF though. Just as long as it's neat, with no bling.

naughtika: Are there many 7th gen galants around at the wreckers? Thought they'd be quite rare? Is the factory pocket a good fit? Does it fit well looks wise? Having the flap would be a bonus. Could mount my EBC in there and have it tucked out of view, yet easily accessible.

G

Unregistered
I'm leaning towards a custom install at this stage. Not overly fussed on CF though. Just as long as it's neat, with no bling.

If you're looking at custom and need to get it recovered, being a brisbane boy i would seriously consider MAD Coatings down at Cleveland (aka Modicoat for those who ever delt with them). They do some awesome work. I was looking at getting the console in the Magna recovered, but i ran out of cash. But if i ever wanted to get away from the Yellow/Black of the standard i would be seeing them.

G

Unregistered
we can help you with carbon plate to block off the gap. i will be also making the carbon stereo surround, air vents, and gear stik surround as one package. coz i hate the woodgrain on my wife's legnum.
i will also be making the series with blank or closed stereo gap for custom feel.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
They run a single DIN pocket from the factory! Check CAPS, there's probably a part no. for it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sounds great Freddy - you'll have a lot of interest in those I'm sure!

They run a single DIN pocket from the factory! Check CAPS, there's probably a part no. for it.
Just did some looking around Kris, and I can't find it listed in CAPS. Doesn't mean Mitsubishi don't do one, but CAPS either might not reference it or it may be hidden away somewhere that's not easy to find (as I've come across on numerous occasions previously).

Top Bottom