Active Yaw Control (AYC)

G

Unregistered
How to tell if the car has Active Yaw Control (AYC)? and is the Active Yaw Control (AYC) worth waiting for the right car to come... looking for it in a Galant.

this is the car http://carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Nne=15&__Qpb=true&seot=0&silo=1011&Cr=4&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%201246%204294964597%204294966725%20900&SearchAction=N&__sid=11DB039817B0&R=6311421&trecs=9

can you tell the difference between a car that has it and a car that doesn't?

------------------

Okay Don't want to start a new thread so will ask it here aswell.. is it possible to import just the leather seats for these cars cause really want a set but really rare in them by the looks any ideas where to look for importing them?

G

Unregistered

The easiest way to tell is in the dash, there should be 3 bars horizontal and AYC written underneath, but to be 100% sure,

Stick you head under the rear and the rear diff should look like there's 3 parts to it....kinda weird looking for a diff......

Or another way is open the fuse compartment, and see if there is an AYC Pump fuse there...

Doing one of these should tell you weather it does or not.

Cheers

PS: the pics of the car in that link don't help much! :)

And YES definitely something you want!!

G

Unregistered
oh i see sweet.. when i have a look at it during the week shall have to do that... yeah the pics don't show the full dash... did all the pre face models come with it? or was it an extra u had to pay for? hmm i see why didn't all of them come with it if i want it lol... and does it help handleing at high speeds or manily for conering?

G

Unregistered
Thanks brad for the info. now time to hunt for some good looking Pre faces...

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
From the VIN 6U9000EC5A0001173

someone might be able to look up the chassis code maybe and tell you if it's a type-V or a type-S.. the type V series one doesn't have AYC AFAIK. It's a series 1 that's all I can tell you :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It is a prefacelift manual, so it is just a VR-4, not type s or type v. Anyway, all this stuff has been covered a million times before, so search

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
There was no type S/V in series 1. They were all the same spec.

edit: what brad said, he beat me to it

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
do you mean to tell me that there is a chance my car does NOT have AYC?
Oh man!
Ill check under the car tonight and see.
So I am looking for a diff in three parts that seems different?

easier way is to see if I have a type s since they all have AYC
Any ideas as to where this would be written (and what does type s look like in Japanese?LOL)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Im sure it pains the people who know to answer this for the 10 time.

So i'll supply some misinformation so they feel they need to correct me :D

I think that if you don't have the AYC bars on your dash it means type V ie no AYC. That's what I thought.

G

Unregistered
yeah i think if no bars means no ayc... but don't quote me since i was asking if the car i was looking at had it lol.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Mine is a facelift Type-V.. so i dont have AYC (wish i knew about the type-v lacking AYC EARLIER haha.. thought it was other minor things that were different)..

Type-S has the flared guards, Type-V doesnt. Thats one of the simpler things to figure it out straight up when glancing at the facelift models :)

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
no bars does not mean anything. Post 99 model Legnums dont have the lights or bars regardless of whether or not they have AYC...
I know my previous post was a question, but now I have an answer.

I have a 2001 Legnum which does NOT have the AYC bars/lights on the dash.
I have a 2001 Legnum that does NOT have flared guards.
but....

I have AYC

Hope this helps....
Thankyou, that is all.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
What the hell are you on about? If you have AYC, you have bars on the dash and a red warning light on the dash when the car first turns on.

How do you know you have AYC? Did a car dealer tell you that you had it?

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
As Brad has said - if it ain't on your dash, you don't have it.
(unless your dash has been changed for some reason)

G

Unregistered
As Brad has said - if it ain't on your dash, you don't have it.
(unless your dash has been changed for some reason)

This is a query that i was going to bring up. With all the VR4's coming in to Australia, you hardly find 2 the same. People who have bought the base model car could change out the dash for the high vis cluster or bolted on the Type S guard flares.

Is there a be all and end all way of telling with out relying on parts that can be swaped out. Or is it a simple case of when you take it out for a spin you full lock the steering and plant the right foot and see it light up?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yeah there is a chance that someone will have a high vis dashed swapped into an early type v with the ayc bars still there, but it isn't hard to check the boot for the AYC resevoir and fuse box for the ayc.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Yeah there is a chance that someone will have a high vis dashed swapped into an early type v with the ayc bars still there, but it isn't hard to check the boot for the AYC resevoir and fuse box for the ayc.

or even behind the right rear wheel for the AYC pump.

Top Bottom