Active Yaw Control (AYC)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
In order to get a facelift with AYC WITHOUT flared guards, you'd have to either replace all the guards (not easy with the rear quarter panel) or bog the holes up and repaint the car... Or add AYC to a Type V, which would be an immense job. None of those alternatives is anything less than a huge job.

So Alex what EXACTLY makes you think you have AYC??

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
If you have a relay next to your battery you have AYC.... Easiest way to check and saves you climbing under the car

I will find a pic of it

End of discussion lol....

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
FOUND!!!!

Took a bit of searching lol.... This is Mike's (mpau009) engine bay and the AYC motor relay is the one inside the big yellow circle - shockingly

AYCmotorrelay.jpg

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Can you get a further out shot so i can see where to take a look? Im pretty sure mine wouldnt have it..

I have a type-v, so no flared guards, i have the high vis dash but no AYC lights or bits on it..

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Well that means no Tom. You could also look in the boot on the RHS there should be a little carpet door which when removed shows the AYC pump reservoir.

Or you could look under your car at the diff. Or you could absolutely nail it round a corner in the rain and see if you exit the corner still pointing in the same direction :D

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
to answer your question, I looked under the rear right wheel and found the AYC pump. I checked the rear Diff and it appears to be in three parts (indicating AYC) and yes, I have the relay next to my battery. I dont have the bars or any of that shit that you are all getting uppity about, but the be all and end all for discussion here is this proof that I have AYC.
Went round a corner in the wet last night doing 80, spent about 5 metres going sideways (which is not much really) and came out of the corner dead centre

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
to answer your question, I looked under the rear right wheel and found the AYC pump. I checked the rear Diff and it appears to be in three parts (indicating AYC) and yes, I have the relay next to my battery. I dont have the bars or any of that shit that you are all getting uppity about, but the be all and end all for discussion here is this proof that I have AYC.
Went round a corner in the wet last night doing 80, spent about 5 metres going sideways (which is not much really) and came out of the corner dead centre

Wow.... Freak car!

Its a Type - SV.... Type - S/Type - V hybrid! :ROFLMAO:

Type - V's came standard with the Hi-Vis dash by 2001 (Alex's cars year model) so that would be standard, hence the no AYC bars. Sounds like someone has put AYC in it and just not replaced the dash!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Mine is 2000 and has the High-Vis dash :) but pretty sure no AYC!

It corners well, so if AYC makes it corner even better than damn!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Mine is 2000 and has the High-Vis dash :) but pretty sure no AYC!

It corners well, so if AYC makes it corner even better than damn!

Hi-Vis dash was standard on any Galant after May 2000 :)

As for the picture, no not really, i scouted for ages to find this one!

The black box you can see is the fuse box and the empty space there is where the battery box normally sits.

Left is rear, right is front and its looking from drivers side to passengers side of the car.....

Hope this helps dude!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Ah yes, now i can place it!

I was looking at the pic, and nothing made sense hahaha.. just realised there is a heap missing thats why I couldn't work out what was going on LOL.

Would be SO awesome if mine secretly had AYC like Legnumbum

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Brad if its been fitted later it won't show up anyway... My GOD that would have been a lot of work... :banghead:

Top Bottom