Advice on Pedders Report

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Hey Guy's, Having some alignment issues on the rear of my legnum. had a couple of different places attempt to align it and both are reporting between +5 and +10mm toe on the left rear at the max adjustment.

I Took it into Pedders to get it checked over and they provided the below results
FRONT
SUSPENSION

Lower Control Arm & Inner Bushes Fail Bushes Soft, Recommend Replacement
BYIN 1 $190.00
BYIN 1 $265.00
LABOUR 1 $90.00

Radius Rod & Bushes Fail Bushes Soft, Require Replacement
BYIN 1 $240.00
BYIN 1 $240.00
LABOUR 1 $90.00

Outer Tie Rod Ends Fail LH Excessive Movement, Require
Replacement
BYIN 1 $78.65
LABOUR 1 $30.00

Sway Bar & Bushes Fail Worn, Requires Replacement
BYIN 2 $30.00
LABOUR 1 $30.00

Steering Gear Fail RH rack end movement, requires
replacement
BYIN 1 $141.90
LABOUR 1 $30.00

Engine Mounts Fail Engine Mounts (front & rear) Broken,
Requires Replacement
BYIN 1 $93.00

REAR
SUSPENSION

Lateral Arms - Upper Fail Bushes Soft, Recommend Replacement
BYIN 1 $140.00
LABOUR 1 $90.00

Trailing Arms - Lower Fail Bushes Soft, Recommend Replacement
BYIN 1 $127.00
BYIN 1 $127.00
LABOUR 1 $40.00

Sway Bar & Bushes Fail Worn, Require Replacement
BYIN 2 $10.00
LABOUR 1 $30.00

Comments Believe rear lower trailing arm and rear suspension vertical link will fix LHR toe issue.

Any Advice on what might not need doing or cheaper sources for parts would be appreciated.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
goodluck buddy, that's alot of $$$..

i suggest get a 2nd opinion and possibly a 3rd one..

with the bushing, most bushes are interchangeable between the 7G and 8G.. in saying that, fulcrum makes polyurethane bushing that lasts longer than the energy poly ones..

pm vr4rocket on here, he might be able to help.. don't quote me on that though

those prices for the bushings are way over the top..

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Thats weird cause when I got mine checked by Pedders they said they cannot supply any parts and our cars were not in their system..so does that mean they now supply suspension parts for our cars?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Thats weird cause when I got mine checked by Pedders they said they cannot supply any parts and our cars were not in their system..so does that mean they now supply suspension parts for our cars?

I've also received this response when I called up Pedders just to get a check. Guy told me they don't have any parts so don't bother coming in basically.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
We have lots of customers coming to my work after going to a Pedders joint. FYI, nobody ever goes back ;)

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Yeah pedders are just trying to get money out of you, it seems to be their policy to tell you there is stuff wrong with your car no matter what. As people have said, get a second opinion.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
When I went there I got the green light for all my suspension checks except my rear right shock was leaking...

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Pedders = rip off bastards.

You could go all new OEM parts for that price.

See snickells or someone off the forum who'll take care of you.

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Thanks For the responses. Steve would love to bring it in to you guys but I think it's a bit far to go. Trying to drive it as little as I can at the moment. Anyone know a good second opinion in ballarat.

G

Unregistered
I remember a very similar thread to this a while back.

It would be interesting for someone to take a car in that had just had all that stuff replaced and see what they say then :)

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
I'm taking my car into JAX quick fit tomorrow morning for a suspension check up. See how we go - when I called the guy kinda of knew the car, his question towards it was; "That's the 4WD one yeah?", after saying it was a Mitsubishi Legnum.

See how we go. Was going to take it to Pedders but I think, and we all think that's best left for Commodores and such.

My legnum currently has a horrible horrible metal screeching noise when turning and going over bumps. Was like that 8 months ago for a week then disappeared, but then just recently came back now.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Well, I got my car back this afternoon.

They didn't pin point the noise to what it may be, but both lower control arms need to be replaced, as well as the tie rod ends.

They have charged me $30 for the inspection but only written on a whole inspection sheet what it needed.

Lower arms: $380LH, $440RH.
Tie Rods: $350.

All prices are shipped from japan and fitted.

I might get another quote from somewhere else, but not sure where...

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Contact bill at ralliart..his prices are way cheaper from what I remember and they are original mitsubishi parts...win-win!!

Also I reckon the differences are in the build quality for those ebay ones...IMO you should just go with genuine parts when it comes to parts like these..

Top Bottom