Aftermarket horns - Who/What/Where UPDATE: New Horns installed w/ PICS!

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
How much louder are these dual horns compared to stock? I do a lot of 100kph country roads and need to beep at people 3 cars back if they are dickheads doing 80. Have people found these have helped getting the attention of the dickhead driver?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Much want, but no need to use a horn in the garage, one for the Xmas list.

Edit: Ahh what the hell, purchased!

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Thought I'd throw in some pics of my Supertones - please excuse the lack of tow hook cover in these photos! Ned to take some new photos with my new plates too
Any chance that you can show me the brackets that you have made up for them to sit there??

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
Well I don't actually have brackets, I'll try and get some photos in the next few days. They are a PITA to mount but well worth it I think. I had to create new holes for it. Used the normal straight bracket on the back of the horn, and some metal tubing to act as a spacer with long bolts to get them in the right spot. There isn't much room behind the grille to mount them!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hey Blake, what's the blue crap on the high beam lights?
Great looking car too by the way:p

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
Hey Blake, what's the blue crap on the high beam lights?
Great looking car too by the way:p

It's an optical illusion haha. They are Narva "Blue" lights for the high beam (Narva's Blue really is just a clean white) so that they match my 6000k HID's. So it's just the reflection of the bulb, they only appear like that from head on. Trippy!

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
If you want them to be less obtrusive there is a black version that has a 375hz low tone rather than the 300 the red one does too.

Scuba

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Stephen
Drive
1999 vr4 legnum
Has anyone got these to fit with an auto trans cooler? Was thinking it might slip in between or take battery to boot and put it there?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
If you're selling items, make a FS thread in the right area please, this thread is for discussion not sales.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Just bought myself a pair of the supertones $55 isnt bad at all with free fast postage. And I needed something to make behind the grille look a bit better.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
baaahahaha! those things look amazing! not sure they're at all practical though... not that my hella supertones will be that practical, will be mostly there for aesthetics.

Real train horns... awesome

Top Bottom