Ahhh...Got My Copy of Farcry 3 Early..

G

Unregistered
Picked up my limited edition FC3 from an anonymous source today, Couldn't wait another day...It Is EPIC. Imagine The goodness of Farcry 1 multiplies by the Shitness of Farcry 2, its that good.

If you like action,adventure,RPG,FPS,freeroaming,stealth,espionage, brutally violent and deeply dark games then get yourself this for Xmas.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Yeah, I'll be getting this for sure. I wasn't too worried about street date break as I'm out tonight, but I'll be all over it tomorrow. What platform did you get it for Mitch? I'll be on PC.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Was playing this for a few hours after work tonight. Did the first story mission, then spent three hours just wandering around making money from hunting and crafting some things. Here are some screens from me tonight...

8229835042_5145f56242_b.jpg

8228777165_9399b4d1c8_b.jpg

8229848824_35c457236b_b.jpg

8229845164_1642b4a998_b.jpg

Stumbled across this massive hole...
8228775263_7477f42504_b.jpg

So I jumped in it...
8229838880_18c68d3fef_b.jpg

8229836800_e977a7050c_b.jpg

G

Unregistered
Top game hey, some amazing nature scenes. I am still bashing away now, capturing outposts and running machetes through spines and such. Very enjoyable.

G

Unregistered
Oh yeah brew I noticed they all got accents ay brew. It's like playing once were warriors.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
What started out a small fire to distract some pirates, escalated rather quickly...

8233392469_ee1c7ede41_b.jpg

G

Unregistered
Have you burnt the drugs and enjoyed the trip yet?

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Nope. I haven't done much of the story at all. Just been capturing the safe houses and hunting. I've pretty much maxed out all the available crafting options. I'm up to where you're meant to meet citra but I haven't started the mission yet.

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
looks awesome. Never played 1 or 2 - Is there a story line left over from them? or is it like GTA, where there is new characters/storyline...?

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
New story no carry over.

Just completed the burning the drugs mission ... sooo much fun

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
2 was a flawed masterpiece. It had so much potentional (great location, graphics, back story, certain parts of the gameplay) but it was ruined by glitches, repetitive and boring travel and fast respawning checkpoints.

There's actually a mod for it that removes the malaria, stops the checkpoints respawning so quickly and introduces fast travel (amongst some other things as well) which makes it flipping awesome.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Certainly didn't help buying it on PS3 then. Found the location, travel and constantly respawning checkpoints to be a real blight on what I also thought had potential to be a much better game. I'm no longer mystified as to why it was only $10 2nd hand.

Will definitely be buying 3 on PC. PS3 has been gathering dust since I built a capable rig.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
3 has definitely fixed all the issues that the first game had (larger map, can fast travel everywhere, no quick respawning pirates, a lot less glitches, better acting/mocap work). Though I think I prefer the African setting and FC2 story. The story in FC3 is crap. The protagonist is just a brostep dickhead. The HUD on the number 3 is pretty shit too. I liked FC2 minimalist set up, where you had to pull your map out and it didn't pause the game or anything. It was a bit more immersive in that respect.

G

Unregistered
I like the 3 story and the characters voice acting and physical acting is pretty convincing. It is very well scripted, the story gets much better as you get deeper into it.
I like the HUD too, the map is helpful and I don't think its too much, but I think it should have an option on hardest difficulty to not show any ammo information so you have to use your brain. I love games where you need to keep track and reload and allocate ammo in a proper tactical way. I'm a rifleman by profession so I love shooters that really involve you in equipment organisation and weapon drills haha.

Top Bottom