Alternative Leather Interior

G

Unregistered
Hey guys, i'm just wondering if there were any other mitsu galants (not vr4) or similar cars which came out with leather interior which would be compatible.

I'm a fan of the tan leather, but in my opinion black would be a much nicer addition.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
a large number of prefacelift ST-R's came with tan and black leather and about 40% of facelift 24 Viento's came with black leather.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I have a VR4 with black leather in manual :D

Yes! They do exist! (in VR4, Car of the year edition got it)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Yes - the black leather is part of the COTY package (I know, I've got it) BUT there was no factory manual option. COTY were all auto.

In saying that - is your car converted to manual, OR had the black leather interior from the COTY model put in it Dawso?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Yes - the black leather is part of the COTY package (I know, I've got it) BUT there was no factory manual option. COTY were all auto.

In saying that - is your car converted to manual, OR had the black leather interior from the COTY model put in it Dawso?

AFAIK the interior had been swapped into it as it is a 1996 model and the gearbox on the chassis number plate is a W5M51. So it was a manual from factory. Maybe someone with CAPS could run the numbers against it for me and tell me what it origanally come with? (I'm at work lol....)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Has anyone had a quote for retrimming the rear seat and door trims? I'm thinking about getting a quote for leather soon and was wondering if anyone has any idea what I should expect.

If I do it I'll be replacing the pathetic front seats, so I won't need them retrimmed.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Most interior re-trims in leather, you won't get much change out of $3,000 for quality leather. Note you may get it cheaper, but the leather will be cheap-hard & horrible to sit in.

So with the front seats not included, I would still not expect much change from around $2,000 for the rear seat and the door cards...

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
There is a place in Sydney I did some work for a while ago and the owner recon'd I could get a front and rear seats for $800. His company does the factory leather interiors for hyundai and a couple of other brands.... the lux models actually come in with stock interiors and the leather is just a high quality seat cover almost :O

Doyles Leather was the company name...

The interiors I saw where all good quality, and if it's that cheap... well that's damn cheap.

Top Bottom