Anyone Heard of GrimmSpeed Boost Control Solenoid?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Christian, you'll neeed a reflash as it will behave VERY differently to the stock solenoid, give me a call and I'll explain and we can work out what to do about that little problem.

I do have high hopes of this though as I keep coming across cars where minor plumbing mods make the factory solenoid almost useless, another one yesterday....

cgunther

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Chris
Drive
2000 Legnum
Quick note. The price from the GrimmSpeed website is $119 + $72 shipping (US I think). Some US sellers on ebay have the same product (I think) for US $89 + $40 shipping. I'm pretty sure its genuine, have to wait and see. [Yes, promise I will flash the ECU before I plug it in]

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
12 Tacoma
19 GTI
Necropost for nostalgia’s sake.

Happy Halloween đź‘»

I was working at GS when they (we?) developed and later released the BCS. The valve is a standard off the shelf MAC valve available through a ton of industrial suppliers. It’s the same unit used by just about everyone in the tuning world. GS added paint, vacuum nipples, and an OEM friendly plug. The engineer and owner spent most time/effort designing the mounting brackets for various Subaru cars, then other marquis were later. Valves are high quality, or were 12yrs ago when I had my hands on the assembly and boxing of hundreds of those damn things. The owner did a launch group buy to get some investment capital and it blew up. IIRC the first batch was 100 as a proof of concept, but by the release date we were pushing many times that. They were all assembled by hand, maybe four of us in total doing the work, packaged and readied for shipping. As an incentive/thank you for meeting our deadlines the owner took us to dinner where he bought baby back ribs for the whole company, all 7 of us. He/we got carried away and it turned into a challenge of “eating one rib for every valve”. I still have nightmares from the platter of dunnage on the table…. The bones. So. Many. Bones.

Anyway. Happy necropost!

Top Bottom