Anyone interested in testing SD? (Speed Density, MAP based tuning)

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Also posted about this here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showth...s-to-test-SD-(Speed-Density-MAP-based-tuning)

Title pretty much says it all.

Get yourself very familiar with the following thread (Have linked to a particular page because it has the spreadsheet needed): http://www.geekmapped.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1945&page=4
If you ask questions that are answered in that thread, I probably won't answer them. Sorry, just getting cranky in my old age :(

I have done the same implementation as Ceddy. Andy is happy for us to use his spreadsheet, so it might pay to do so.

You will need everything setup before starting. You will need the ECU mods I have just done to log proper 10bit values for the spare ADC input, though if you use the 8 bit and times by 4 you can roughly get a VE table setup before going.

As always, all care and no responsibility. It might not work, but then it might too. :p

Personally I am probably not going to use SD. I don't see it really has any advantage over a good MAF setup (and I am informed they are being used to at least 700hp) No reason why others can't go for it though :)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
If i have time ill do it.... thats a big if though right now....

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'd like to volunteer, but most likely it'll be Steve who'll be tuning it :p

so I'll wait for him..

btw, is this what we need to accomplish this?

http://www.szabaga.com/store/sd.html

"Lite" SD Harness ONLY includes the IAT connector with no additional outputs/inputs.
URL]

URL]

"Heavy" SD Harness includes two short accessory connectors are not used at this time; every MAF pin is accessible through the two connectors. SD is still in it's infancy so the potential is there for them to be used in the future. This takes a LOT more time and effort to produce.
URL]

URL]

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
If you want to use the existing connector for IAT (i.e. don't want to mess with your loom) then yeah, that will do the trick.

I wouldn't advise expecting much from this. It might not work at all as I haven't tested the code yet (because I am in no rush to try SD)

The first thing you want to do is get the hardware installed and log the MAP sensor.

You also need to read that thread on geekmapped. There are a lot of pages but it is worth it.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Can you send me the ROM too please Kenneth, I think I have all of the hardware here.

Top Bottom