ANYONE KNOW GOOD FREIGHT COMPANY??

G

Unregistered
hey guys,
just sold a bodykit and bonnet to a guy in SA. I've been looking on the net but everything is looking very exspensive. If you know of a good company please let me know.

G

Unregistered
Call my mate mike on 0411 595 438 and ask for andrew sinclaires tell number and tell them that adam gave you the number as you are a fellow vr4 driver.
Cheers

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
They're expensive because it is expensive at the moment :(

G

Unregistered
cheers for the help. I did search just checkn if i can get a better price that all.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
The cheapest way to do it.

Get a pallet from somewhere or even go down to the local toll depot and pack the pallet there. The challenge is to pack it all standing up so it doesn't take up any more room than the foot print of the pallet. If you did it at home and built some wood frame on the pallet you could probably achieve this.

Then just have some mates there when the truck arrives to help you load it.

Definitely wont get heaper than this. I imagine your quotes are loads high because it's lying down flat and the foot print is massive causing the price to sky rocket.

G

Unregistered
hey guys,
just sold a bodykit and bonnet to a guy in SA. I've been looking on the net but everything is looking very exspensive. If you know of a good company please let me know.
mick this you bro?? it Q

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
The cheapest way to do it.

Get a pallet from somewhere or even go down to the local toll depot and pack the pallet there. The challenge is to pack it all standing up so it doesn't take up any more room than the foot print of the pallet. If you did it at home and built some wood frame on the pallet you could probably achieve this.

Then just have some mates there when the truck arrives to help you load it.

Definitely wont get heaper than this. I imagine your quotes are loads high because it's lying down flat and the foot print is massive causing the price to sky rocket.

I'd be very surprised if you'd be allowed to do this with OH&S laws and public liability etc. You'd most certainly not be allowed to load the truck as you're not an employee of the freight company and wouldn't be covered by Workcover if anything happened.

You probably wouldn't be able to pack the pallet there as you'd be in the way. You'd probably need to pack it at home and drop it off there.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Also a side note as I deal with freight companies a lot with my work and you would be wise to find a friend who could put it onto an account. Normally freight companies will have better rates to account customers. I use SeaRoad logistics but I'm not too sure that they operate in QLD or SA. I use them for my freight but all my suppliers are in NSW and VIC, I get it delivered to me in Tasmania. Pallet rate is the best way to do it if you can stack it onto one. I got a full set of seats for my lancer sent from VIC to Hobart and it only cost me $80 on a pallet.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'd be very surprised if you'd be allowed to do this with OH&S laws and public liability etc. You'd most certainly not be allowed to load the truck as you're not an employee of the freight company and wouldn't be covered by Workcover if anything happened.

You probably wouldn't be able to pack the pallet there as you'd be in the way. You'd probably need to pack it at home and drop it off there.

Pfft, the truck drivers couldn't give half a f%#@ man.

We have packed my dads bike into crate and out of a crate at the toll depot in mackay. I've also unpacked a crate of boxes I sent up there from Syd when we moved at the depot. The depot's are open 24hr's and are never heaps busy at night and have loads of room.

Either way would work and would save you money. We have accounts with most transport mobs man as we send large stuff all over Oz.

If you get me weight/dimensions + a pickup and delivery address I could get you some quotes.

Top Bottom