Anyone know this person?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Gary,

yes, I know him. He deals out of a commercial truck yard just round the corner from my house. He's brought in several Legnums, I think Ben (Just Plain Nuts) brought his car off him.

If you want the car looked at/test driven, Ben or myself (or both of us) should be able to help you out.

cheers

Lee

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks, I was just a bit unsure as the price seems way to low even for a '96 model with 98k on the clock

Gary

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
There's been a couple on Carsales/TradingPost for similar money to that.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah he normally is pretty cheap as he's not a registered dealer, just brings them in personally I think and puts a small margin on them. Must have got a bargain on it in Japan.

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Makes you wonder how much of a mark up is on the others then.

Gary

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Sorry to be a pain, but my wife has concerns with these vehicles due to their age and k's on them. I keep telling her that they are at least 10yrs ahead of what is available here. Is there anything I should look out for if I was to purchase this or another one?

Gary

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
The main vR-4 specific things to watch out for are:

Underbody rust
Noisey lifters (the engine makes a ticking noise)
Leaking torque converter seals on the autos
A few people have also had issues with worn steering/front suspension components

cheers

Lee

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks Lee. When I do get around to buying one of these beasts it will probably be from QLD as there isn't much interest around here (ACT). The only other option would be one from NSW but I have to bide my time for the moment.

Gary

G

Unregistered
It does look like its being sold by Josh..and yes i did buy mine off him. I have no problems recommending him as he's a top bloke straight forward and honest..at that price you cant lose.

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks JPN that's reassuring to know someone else have purchased one from him with no problems.

My plan to get one has just been set back again as some silly *itch reversed into the RHF guard tonight. Now I have to get that fixed before I can start to advertise it further.

Gary

Top Bottom