Anyone to join group Amsoil buy?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
hey guys, just wondering if anyone is interested in joining the amsoil group buy? alternatively is there an amsoil distributor in WA we could set the same thing up for?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Yes there is a distributor in WA (use search function :p )

I bought 0W30 last time and I'll never buy it again... Never had such a bad lifter noise! Went with Motul 300V chrono 10W40 this time, quite expensive but runs smoothly!

Ralliart & Mitsubishi recommends for their V6 engines only full synthetic 10W40!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Dan

The reason i have offered to host the group buy from here is that i believe, including freight, all members "should" be able to buy it cheaper from QLD then their respective home states. There is a distributor in WA see here

I would suggest giving them a call and asking for a price on your individual needs, then comparing that to what i have obtained through our QLD supplier. You will have to add freight but i have included a postage calc on the GB thread. You may also have to pay freught locally, i am not sure how close you live to them etc.

Tom, how much did you pay for your 0W-30 ?
And as for the recommended weight for OUR engines, Mitsi state 0 or 5W-30 in the manual.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
The prices are as follows:

10w-30 is only available in a gallon which is 3.785 litres $66.00 each
0w-30 is available in gallon and quarts (.946 litres) $75.00 for gallons and $20 for quarts

If this is the first time using AMSOIL we recommend using the engine flush which is $11 each.

OzVR4 get 10% discount on those prices!

Peter & Tracey Harrison
Synthetic Lubricants W.A
Ph 041 996 5590

info@syntheticlubricants.com.au

Can be picked up in Vic Park (at one of those Toyota dealers)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
It MAY work out the same when you factor in freight but we will be paying far less than that for those products

0W-30 @ $78.67 INC GST which works out at $14.90 inc gst per quart
Engine flush @ $8.00 inc per bottle
Oh and the filters are $25.20 ea

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Filter is $12 at Repco ;-)

Just ask for a Hyundai Excel filter, it is such a shame!!!

Don't forget to put a magnet on to the bottom of the oil filter(y)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
I would guess not to many people would be as interested in the filter as you say, a Z142A will work at over half the price.
I have used the Amsoil filter before and have also heard a lot of people say "they do a job the cheaper ones do but better"

I think you can buy magnetic oil filters through Autobarn, i think they are called "drift" or some brand like that. They are still around the 20 bucks or so.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Hmm, my Leggy arrived Australia with a little magnet sticked to the oil filter, so I just put it back on everytime I do an oil change, hehe.

Haven't heard of perfomance test on filters so far, if you got some let me know... I never really thought there were any differences.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Neither did i but apparently so.

The magnet as you know will be just to help trap any metalics and keep them in the filter.

Top Bottom