Auto Trans External Cooler

G

Unregistered
Hey guys,

I thought I'd let you know that Super cheap Auto stock 6 cyclinder Auto Trans Coolers that are a good size and quality brand for a reasonable price!
Davies Craig Coolers $129!!

Works great, easy fitment! (fits just in beside the stock intercooler on the drivers side, where the stock cooler joins to the hose fittings)

G

Unregistered
As this seems as good a place to ask for help......... What does the stock vr4 come with in the way of oil coolers? are they enough for the aussie climate? and would this be a improvement over the stock trans cooler?? Its 5-6 inches by 1.5 foot long and can hold 85psi give or take 5psi. Yeah I am collecting parts and I dont have one yet!!!!!

DSC00042.jpg

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That will be a lot better than stock.The stock one is literally a piece of pipe that runs through the bottom of the radiator. No fins or anything.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
the cooler that its $139 at my local super cheap says its for 6 cylinders 4.0 litres and over,wouldnt the $119 one be better as its for 2.0-3.9 litre 6 cylinders.are these the same ones you're talking about??

G

Unregistered
the cooler that its $139 at my local super cheap says its for 6 cylinders 4.0 litres and over,wouldnt the $119 one be better as its for 2.0-3.9 litre 6 cylinders.are these the same ones you're talking about??

I assume so, the important thing is you get a cooler that is capable of the amount of flow you tranny makes..eg, the size of your engine....

so yeah it would be fine...but anytihng would be better than the stock one!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Just get the biggest possible. There is no way that you will over cool a VR-4 trans if you make the oil flow from the transmission to cooler then to the stock cooler then back to the trans. The run through the bottom of the radiator will keep the oil at it's best temperature

G

Unregistered
price update!

Check out Repco's new catelogue

RPW coolers just over $100! for the biggest!
they must of realised they were ripping people off!

Top Bottom