Auto Trans Leak

guanacosalsa

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Julio
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 - Type S
If I deserve to be called a fat prick for this thread I will wear it :LOL:

I have a problem which already had a lot of discussion, the old torque converter seal leak... but I have also encountered two very distinct quotes for pretty much the same labour and parts. One workshop has quoted me $1500 which includes an air-con re-gas and does not include any warranty whatsoever. The next workshop has offered a $600 quote on replacing the rear main, torque converter seal and re-aligning the gearbox but have estimated one week's worth of wait to get the car back.

Could anyone who has dealt with Elfe's Automotive give some feedback about him :)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
If you've a few days time, give Elfe a call and he'll fix it for you. I had mine done ages ago and it's all good since... as mentioned, he might need a week as he is doing it afterhours, but I doubt anyone can beat his price! If you need his mobile, PM me.

guanacosalsa

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Julio
Drive
I think it is an extremely good quote. I already spoke to him so will drop the car off this week and drive around in my dad's car for a week!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Some workshops will offer a lower price if given more time to complete the job, which I'd always go for seeing as they're not rushing the work.

guanacosalsa

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Julio
Drive
I was inclined to go with him from the beginning, good price and good reputation, but that is true, if he is not rushing and does a good job you have better peace of mind and its pretty much half the price for the labour alone in other workshops.

guanacosalsa

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Julio
Drive
BTW people the torque converter seal is now fixed and the car is back on the road. Elfe has even kindly offered to inspect the car in the near future to check everything is spot on. A tranny cooler hose spilled while in his care, after the work had been completed, which he replaced and rectified, will take it back to him for an inspection and check all fluids have remained contained. Checked the fluid level after work today and the underside of the transfer case seems dry (considering its been raining in Perth!) Definitively happy with his service.

Top Bottom