AWD Dyno's // SA

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys,

Apart from the obvious (graham west), are there any other places that you know of or have had experiences with that can install and/or tune a full aftermarket ecu and have access to an AWD dyno, for a good price.

I've tried the above workshop, and a larger than expected quote was given, turbo tune is the only other awd dyno i can think of but their workmanship is questionable...

BTW this is for my pulsar, not the legnum however eventually the current piggyback ecu in the pulsar will be moved over into the legnum once my new ecu is installed in the pulsar.

Cheers
Steve

G

Unregistered
I was going to say turbo tune but I've heard just as many good things as bad. I've only heard great things about KPM, but their 2WD dyno puts them out of the question. Though last time I was in there they were telling stories about their dyno room that might be just about finished by now.

G

Unregistered
Hmm Turbo Tune..my brother took his gtir to get an Apexi Power FC & SARD Injectors fitted and tuned there. The guy in the end couldn't tune the power fc to iron out the injectors pulsing at idle and to this day his car sounds like a bridgeport at the lights - so that doesn't speak highly of the tune and is a waste of fuel.

And to top it off, for that half arsed job.. they didn't want to to paid in a half arse way. So, from that experience I'd personally not go back and would look for other 4wd dynos.

G

Unregistered
I think it's one of those "you get what you pay for..." things. GW are a bit pricey but the job is always top notch.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Steve,
Have you contacted Jeff who runs his own business "the speed lab"?
He hires out Turbo Tunes Dyno, but does his own work. He has an excellent reputation for remapping S13,S14 & S15 Ecu's, as well as ALL skylines.

I rang him about setting up the SAFC for my legnum and he was very helpful and rather well priced.

G

Unregistered
he was on my "consider" list, along with a couple of others but i have put my plans on hold for now and will just get a safc (down the track) rather than go through the whole headache of buying a new ecu for the sss and tranferring the emanage over, afterall the legnum is only ever going to be a daily and not a hp making "toy" - thats what the poosar is for. Much to the missus disgust .:ROFLMAO:

the money from that plan is now going into a GTR front brake upgrade for the sss so that i can actually stop when i get to a corner at 'lala. factory single pots with 200+atwkw dont really agree with each other, even with the good fluid, pads and braided lines im running at the moment. :banghead:

4 spot calipers, huge 330mm slotted rotors...mmmm

G

Unregistered
even tho your not going through with it, for anyone else thats wondering my mate got a boost controller and tune done at boost works. they only have a 2wd dyno so they used turbo tune but assure that they do all the work themselves and just use the dyno there.......

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
+1 for Saun at Boostworx. He tuned my power fc on my forester at turbo tune, price was right, and so was the tune.

markfivestar

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark Beckett
Drive
1997 COTY Legnum
Has anybody had any experiences with Bill Towler automotive? Im looking for somewhere out north to tune my safc and hes the only one with an awd dyno. I spoke to him about it, and he said he hadnt done an apexi before, but wanted to learn how to. Do you reckon its worth the risk?

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Have not heard anything good/bad about towlers. I think they tend to stick to the local market. If you go ahead with it let me know as he is 2 mins away, compared with 40-60 to go and see Saun at Boostworx.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Never used him personally, but I know Jeff of "The Speed Lab" tuning works out of turbotune. He is independant of that shop but just pays for use of their dyno time - he quoted me ~$150 to tune the SAFC II and has recently done Joel (SLY-031)'s legnum so may be a better option. Worth the drive to get it done right first time I say ;)

Top Bottom