AYC Flashing

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
I have not seen a VR4 AYC unit, so I am presuming it is like the E6 unit - a seperate plastic case job, with two connectors and a Motorola microprocessor.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Excited to hear the results! Although I am apprehensive with most things to do with the diffs, don't want them to blow up

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The AYC/ASC/TCL ECU's in auto cars are completely different and I would suggest that you focus on just the straight AYC ECU's that come in all cars with AYC but without ASC/TCL

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
A good idea for a feature request imho is that the AYC doesn't work if you have the steering wheel within 2 degrees of centre for more than a few seconds, this is done purely to stop the problem where the AYC system kicks in if you have low tyre pressure or different amounts of tread depth left and right.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
At what degree does it kick in? I've always wondered when driving why the AYC isn't active over long, shallow sweeping bends at high speed. Does the car just not have enough force acting on it sideways for the diff to bother? A little OT sorry haha.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah basically you need to go faster :)

Going fast isn't a problem for me :p of course legally and responsibly :rolleyes:

An LSD makes it handle more like a RWD. Come in too hot and it'll understeer, you will get power on oversteer etc, far more predictable (The car does what you expect, ie more neutral)

Dave, will this setup make the diff more prone to breaking? I'm just thinking of the pressure placed on an LSD and how this may affect the diff centre in an AYC diff?

Interested in this too, last thing I would want to do is put too much pressure on the diff.

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Some kind sole (SG) has sent me an AYC controller, but I dont know your ozvr4 addy.
Please let me know, I will keep the box and return address details.

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
^thanks Paul, much appreciated.

As suspected, the Evo6 AYC controller uses the same circuit board as the VR4 AYC controller.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Sorry for thread mine. But did this happen?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I'm waiting for someone to rip the Rom off theirs so i can define stuff. I don't have ayc, otherwise would be done.

Looking in your general direction, Dan... :p

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Well my fuse has been pulled as my pump won't build pressure. Can I remove the box and still be able to drive? My fuse has been pulled for 12 months no hurry

Edit. Would love if we could get it to just stay at 50/50

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
You can pull the rom from my car if you like Bill (or tell me how to do it and I will send you the rom). My AYC works and gets used often (3 bars most of the way up Collingrove), and I have no idea what I would want to change given the option (if anything)... What do people want changed from its stock behavior?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I say let Bill finish the other stuff he's doing like flex and all the other bcx mods stuff. Heaps of us have been meaning to it's just time....

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
I say let Bill finish the other stuff he's doing like flex and all the other bcx mods stuff. Heaps of us have been meaning to it's just time....

Yeah I know all about lack of time. Lol. Still yet to come see you.

Top Bottom