ayc oil change completed

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys.
Thought I would share the experience for those who are afraid.
Took the car to get the ayc oil change and the mechanics here in Kyrgyzstan were all amazed at 2 different oils sitting in the rear diff.
Anyhow I convinced them I wasnt crazy and then got a guy sitting in the boot and one in the divers seat and then I and another guy started to undo the ayc knobs.
First we undid one all the way and the second just a bit for the air release.
Got the car in the air and started the wheels spinning in gear.
After the left knob was undone we turned the wheel all the way right and did this about 6 times.
The guy in the boot was topping up so as not to run dry.
First bubly pinky stuff came out and then slowly normal clean oil started spitting out.
We closed the left knob most of the way and then undid the right knob and turned the wheel to the left about 6 times and so on and so on.
Repeated the procedure 2 times for each knob until really clean fluid was spitting out.
Anyhow about 2 liters went in so probably could done a bit more on each side as 3 liters is supposed to be in the system but I will do the ayc oil change every 10-15kms so I dont think it really matters too much.
Was easy in the end and I used BP spIII which is 3 times cheaper then the diaqueen stuff and I was told that BP makes the oil for mitsy so I guess its the same oil in different packages.
Anyquestions just ask.
Good luck.

G

Unregistered
Well the guy who bought my silver vr4 auto of me is the owner of the workshop so labour was free.
But they normally charge about $5 an hour here so labour is never a problem as I paid $30 for labour to do my cam belt and $70 for my alternator. In kyrgyzstan labour is still very under priced.
Not complaining??????????

Top Bottom