Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
Just went to the bottle-o, ...

ME:Can i have a carton of new mate,

Attendant: Sure mat"""....What the F#*k is that thing...

Me:Its a Legnum,

Attendant: a what, a legrub :)rolleyes: , noob)

Me: No a LEGNUM...

Attendant: oh...ok is it turbo :

Me: Yup, Its got two and it's a V6 :cool:...

Attendant: F*#k..

Me: cool hey....

I have to say, it feels very good to see someone's face when they know cars and they see these ...lol i love it...

G

Unregistered
Recently my car was in the bodyshop and I whilst I was waiting for a taxi into work, I saw a technician jump in to move it to one of the 'service' parking bays. I had to giggle as he started it, reversed very carefully on tickover and then went to move it forwards....... I don't think he expected it to be quite so eager!....

Anyway, a week later my wife and I pick up the car. The service manager says to me:

"My senior technican said to me this morning, 'Good lord that car's frightening!'":D

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
I had to tow the boat in for some repairs today, so told the missus to take the vr4 to drop the 5yo daughter at school. She used it to pick her up again in the arvo, and i quizzed Miss5, "How does mommy drive when she has the new car? (only had it 8weeks)
she answers, "mummy is a very noisy driver. People walking beside the road always turn around when we are coming. And she doesn't slow down at corners anymore."
verdict? guilty.

G

Unregistered
haha, gold... bit like my gf in her stag.... when she gets cranky at people on the road, all you hear is the turbo spool, and then the black house brick points its nose in the air and takes off

G

Unregistered
not a quote but i just love the red faces when you smoke someone, my missus smoked a boy racer in his evo 3 and man was his mate baggin him at the next lights.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I was just sitting in traffic last night in town and a cyclist zipped down my left side and was just staring at my car as he went past, when he looked back fowards, he realised there was a stopped bus he was about to run into!! But he just swerved around it in time, bit disappointing really :p

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hahaha Dion that's classic - we should start mounting cameras to our cars to capture the looks we get driving around ;)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I got my first "Is that a Magna?" comment at the servo last night - I just started laughing :)

Lee

G

Unregistered
I'm still waiting for someone to make a comment on my car. I feel ashamed that no one has, yet...

Leigh

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Don't take it personally Leigh - in my experience MOST people don't pay any real attention to cars, especially girls... Unless its obviously extremely different, like a supercar shape *shrugs*

G

Unregistered
Don't worry, I was being somewhat facetious (and drunk). I've had plenty of compliments on the car, just no confused randoms yet.

Leigh

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Why were you drunk on a Sunday night lol?

A quote comes to mind....

"My drinking club has a car problem"

:)

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
On the weekend I had some guys just circle the car with confused looks on their faces. My wife asked if I wanted to go and chat with them, but I said no - I would prefer them to keep wondering.

G

Unregistered
i was following a porsche 911 carrera today, and then from a set of lights he floored it, so i thought i'd give it a go... turns out i was only back by 1-2 car lengths....
then as we pulled up to the next lights, he wound down the window and says "i paid $120,000 and its not much faster!"
i laughed and said i paid $13,000 :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
lol, don't forget your car is a station wagon as well. You could have told him that it is a new station wagon from porsche and it cost you $150k - he would have spent all of tonight and tomorrow on the internet looking for a new porsche wagon :)

I've pissed off quite a few 911 C2, C4, C4S's, they really don't like it at all!

G

Unregistered
haha yeah... he was very impressed by it, and i bet all the people behind us were wondering what the hell a wagon was doing trying to run a porsche.. and then keeping up with it!

he had the plates "MRTOSSA2U" as well.. lol

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
HOW are people managing to get these plates?? I thought there was meant to be a screening process or something? I saw 'RU16' today... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom