Big brake upgrade

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Oh bugga...I'll post the info here then, sorry didn't realise. Here is the copy and paste from the forum:

icon_smile.gif
here is the StS latest price for the Ksport/Moben Big Brake Kit

icon_exclaim.gif
Suit the EVO 1 - 9 AND Galant, Lancer, GTO, 3000GT

icon_arrow.gif
AUD $1,695.00 delivered
For the 13" and 8 Pot FRONT upgrade kit
(GROUP BUY - enquiries are very welcome with further discounts)

icon_arrow.gif
The 14" and 8 Pot Front upgrade kit is - $2,055.00 delivered

icon_idea.gif
6 Pot REAR 13" and 14" upgrade kits are also available for some models. Please email or PM for availability and Price
icon_wink.gif

The kits include:- Slotted Rotors, 8 or 6 Pot light weight calipers, Adapter Plates for fitting, High performance Street Brake pads, Stainless Steel Brake lines, and all fittings required for bolt on fitment.

CALIPER COLOURS - Black, Red, Orange, Blue, Yellow.

THANKS FOR LOOKING FOLKS......
icon_biggrin.gif

Check out our website here www.sts-forum.com for more high quality products at low prices

AND go to www.ksportusa.com for more technical information if required

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ksport_big_brake_kit_143.jpg

ksport_big_brake_kit__rear_329.jpg

G

Unregistered
decent price...
these are the same as the G4/D2 kits, which are normally $1999

G

Unregistered
only 1 thing to remember when getting aftermarket calipers is the availability of pads. some of these kits require you buy pads direct from manufacturers in the USA or Europe.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Good point. I didn't think of that. I'll look into it and let you know.

G

Unregistered
no worries, i only know that because ive been hunting around for a big brake upgrade kit for my sss and havent really found a suitable one where i can buy pads over the counter at my local auto store apart from a 32gtr skyline setup but the total cost of that is about $1k more than these aftermarket kits as i need new hubs and everything.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
8 pot!! Wow, that would certainly stop you in a hurry! You don't think it's a little excessive?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Each piston is rather small, they aren't much better than 4 pot front and 2 pot rear brembo's

G

Unregistered
would i be correct in thinking that going to an 8 pot front setup similar to this would seriously throw out the braking/handling charactoristics of the car?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Hmmm, on a Series 1... without having to mess about with sourcing hubs from a Series 2 and then the ABS adjustments *scratches chin in thought*

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Buzzbuzz - I'm not sure if they fit on prefacelifts! Just because they list the Galant, it could be a USDM car.

Find out the caliper bolt spacing first

G

Unregistered
Brad,

I think it specifies on the ksport site that they are for the "Japan model only". But it lists the years from 96-06 ?? :confused:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Buzzbuzz - I'm not sure if they fit on prefacelifts! Just because they list the Galant, it could be a USDM car.

Find out the caliper bolt spacing first

They're radial mounting. So they can fit anything. It just requires making an L shaped bracket which will not interfere with anything.

G

Unregistered
i'm pretty sure the g4/d2/ksports, etc.. caliper uses a few common pads, such as brembo/ap racing, etc pads..

even though these are 8 pot, they are quite small pistons, but it spaces out the pressure more evenly over the pad.

i'd personally want to upgrade front and rear, but thats just me.
i'm currently having brackets made to use a 4 pot front/2 pot rear caliper setup on 356mm front, and 330mm rear rotors. :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Let us know how that goes too Mitchy! Sounds like it'll be really nice!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sweet, they look nice, anybody know how they perform?
Of the people looking at upgrading their brakes, can you tell why and specfically;

1. what you don't like about the standard brakes
2. i guess you've all tried fitting better quality pads and fluid and still don't like what you've got
3. how many of you punt the Leg/Gal around the track and this is the reason for the upgrade.

Top Bottom