bolt on turbo upgrades?

Stuii

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stuart Lowe
Drive
Mint ass Legnum!
you raise a good point mortz...

partly that's why I wanted to start this discussion - my aim is to find some that are easy(ish) to install and lead to great power (not necessarily 250kwatw) without sacrificing driveability, you know something that can get you to 200-220kwatw with very minimal lag impact.

partly that's why I was thinking hybrids - I read through the links and such, there was lots of mention on the other site of hybrids, but no-one really doing it.

can someone for my benefit please post the manufacturer or proper identification of our turbos? (I'm new here please be nice)

I'm going to make it my long term goal to come up with something, but I'm going to need to save up a few months of cash first tho

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
And you can get 220awKW from the stock turbos with the right supporting mods.

It's only when you want to get past this that aftermarket gear must be brought into the equation.

blair141

Idling at the Lights
First Name
blair
Drive
1996 galant vr4
hey guys. iv recently bought a set of s/h turbos and im trying to get them hybrid.
iv been emailing a guy (craig) from turbochargers newzealand and he is quite confident on a plan he has.
he is planing on using the chra's (centre housing rotating assembly) from the pajero turbos which are tfo35's
he said it will increase lag a small amount but the mid to top end will be a big improvment.
hes just doing more thinking about it and then hes going to get back to me owith a price.
what do you think about this bradc? i told him about the nuts unwinding etc and he said thats because something is wrong or not working properly???

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I think it was compressor surge due to a mismatch between the turbine and compressor sizes on mine.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
hey guys. iv recently bought a set of s/h turbos and im trying to get them hybrid.
iv been emailing a guy (craig) from turbochargers newzealand and he is quite confident on a plan he has.
he is planing on using the chra's (centre housing rotating assembly) from the pajero turbos which are tfo35's
he said it will increase lag a small amount but the mid to top end will be a big improvment.
hes just doing more thinking about it and then hes going to get back to me owith a price.
what do you think about this bradc? i told him about the nuts unwinding etc and he said thats because something is wrong or not working properly???

I have been thinking about the tfo35's, I have my old one off my GT Forester at home that I replaced with the bigger td04. Have been meaning to get out and have a look and see if it would work (well if it would be any easier than a td04 as they are a bit smaller)

G

Unregistered
do you mean a subaru forester?
i heard elsewhere, can remmeber , that they were practically bolt on , can anyone verify ?

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Does anyone know if a pair of turbos from a GTR Skyline will fit in a Legnum/Galant?

Not bolt in, Fit in.

I can get a pair from a R34 GTR VspecII for $500 in mint condition.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Rob.

I believe that Adam (maxatk) is in the process of fitting GT-R turbos on his car.

Drop him a PM and ask how that's going.

Bear in mind though that in Kyrgystan (where Adam currently resides), the labour costs are cheap as piss compared to here. Therefore, any labour cost estimates that Adam gives you will need to "adjusted" for here!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
intered to see if how the r34 GTR turbo's respond to our car.. if it goes well, im pretty sure alot of people would be really interested to get into GB for manifold, water & oil feed/return lines.. as the turbo's are available in every car performance shops.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Would definately be a goer if it ever got enough interest to develop a kit, people would be a lot more willing with the word "kit" involved i think. I know i would. Depending on cost of course, with kits generally being very expensive.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Can anyone confirm that the R34 turbos are ball bearing not ceramic?

Also what their HP rating is?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
They are GT28's BB on the GTR's
I will most certainly be corrected but i think they are rated to around 280-300 HP

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Thats for each turbo. They can reach up to about 400 HP after a Hi Flow.:drool:

Im going to check out a pair of R34 turbos in a couple of days and I have spoken to BRAEFABRICATIONS about fitting them to my Leggy.

He said they should fit in fine.(y)

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Can anyone tell me if there is much size difference between the T25 and the T28 turbo?
I want to make sure the T28's fit before i buy them

Also if there is a difference between the standard R34 GTR turbo and the VSPEC version?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Can anyone tell me if there is much size difference between the T25 and the T28 turbo?

There is a bit, the T28 flows cosiderably more, not too much bigger overall. They also share the same flange.

Also if there is a difference between the standard R34 GTR turbo and the VSPEC version?

Not that i am aware of, no. There was a change in the turbo's for the N1 engine. They are bigger again but your better off sticking with GT28's. Also, i think you will find that Nissan still sell the GT28's as a spare and from memory they are around the $1200 brand new.

Top Bottom