Brembo Servicing [Sydney]

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hey Guys living in Sydney Metro,

Does anyone know a shop who can service a brembo calipers?

ta

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Thanks Gly! Ordered a Front and Rear kit.

Also, I do remember you did some re-painting on the calipers, what paint did you use? VHT?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Too bad you ordered and paid for them already. You could have saved a few bucks by going to these guys.

www.bsmsport.com.au

"For the front caliper repair kit you are looking at $90.00 and for the rear you will b looking at $56.00 I have these in stock and they can be shipped straight away. Postage is $9.00. thankyou for your inquiry and I look forward to hearing from you soon."

I just happen to email them about the same thing last week.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Bugger!! Oh well.......

EDIT:

Also, is't recommendable to powder coat the calipers? I have done some reasearch and some says it is ok and some says not recommendable. Also, some that had done a DIY rebuild they've split the calipers but others commenting not to split the calipers to the bolts has been stretch and weaken and can't be re-use anymore and tends to leak.

And another one commented about retaining the black annodize plating that was on the caliper and not to remove as this will prevent the calipers to corrode and rust.

So, is power coating is recommended on Brembo calipers?

G

Unregistered
i didnt split mine.
not keen on powder coating wheels or brakes.

septone paint striper get all the old crap off.
i used 3 coats septone brake and drum paint from super cheap.
vinyl brembo decals
with 2 coats dulux clear coat over the top. (bunnings/mitre10)

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hows the clear coat holding up the instense heat of the calipers?

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
do all brembos from all Evos fit straight onto the Facelift legnum?
I ask because I am looking at purchasing a set of evo 8's

also, do I need to buy the rotors too?

(apologies if this is a stupid question)

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Alex, AFAIK all Brembo's from Evo6 to 8 is bolt on facelift, not too sure about the brembo from evo 9, I heard it has different face or somethin so not sure.

Yes, you do need Evo rotors and maybe consider a set of braided lines from Paul.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I have monoblock calipers on my bike and I split them when I serviced them.

They had little o-rings between the halves. Wouldn't a rebuild kit come with replacement o-rings too?

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Ok, received my rebuilt kit for the Brembos BUT, it didn't came with the o-ring seals as per Gly's post.

So, my question is, will the pistons can be removed with out splitting the calipers?

I don't really want to split the calipers unless it is really necessary and I have to buy a new o-ring seals.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I think you misread mate. Gly didn't split his so you must be able to do it without splitting them.

Normally you use an air compressor and squirt the air gun into the fluid lines to pop the pistons out.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
So is it a good idea to split the calipers or not?
From looking around it seems like splitting them is a bad idea, any other opinions?

Also whats better powder coating or high temp spray paint?
It seems powder coating is much better than high temp paint and it looks like they can get some great finishes have a look at these:
http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/23818-Caliper-powder-coating

Only problem is I really don't want to split them, seems more trouble than its worth.

Anyone know of a reputable place to get new high temp brembo decals?

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
So is it a good idea to split the calipers or not?
From looking around it seems like splitting them is a bad idea, any other opinions?

Also whats better powder coating or high temp spray paint?
It seems powder coating is much better than high temp paint and it looks like they can get some great finishes have a look at these:
http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/23818-Caliper-powder-coating

Only problem is I really don't want to split them, seems more trouble than its worth.

Anyone know of a reputable place to get new high temp brembo decals?

Just hit ebay up for the decals, i got a set for about $10.

I sand blasted and hi temp painted mine, not quite as durable as powder coating but a heap less work as you dont need to split the calipers and cheaper.
Just make sure you bake the paint before you clear coat.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Depending on the price I'm going with the powder coating, I know there has been a couple of guys who got it done without splitting the calipers. I think the "do it once do it right" approach is what I'm going with, plus it won't be going back to the boring red colour :p

I won't be sand blasting them either, Ill be using paint stripper on them after I take the pistons out and mask up the holes. Ive looked around and it seems to be safest and most effective way to do it unless I'm wrong.

Top Bottom