cam shaft snapped

G

Unregistered
hey guys the local peformace shop as given me the result of me snapping my cam shaft. He is certain this is the problem but will open the rocker cover on monday to find out for sure.

Now questions is if their is no damage just broken cam shaft were do i get a new one.
Does anybody now were to get aftermarket cam shaft, bearings pistons and rods.
this is if i want to forge the motor

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
hey guys the local peformace shop as given me the result of me snapping my cam shaft. He is certain this is the problem but will open the rocker cover on monday to find out for sure.

He is sure what is the problem?? Give us some more details, you saying it just failed??

Now questions is if their is no damage just broken cam shaft were do i get a new one.
Does anybody now were to get aftermarket cam shaft, bearings pistons and rods.
this is if i want to forge the motor

RPW in perth has access to rods pistons. ralliart in NZ has all genuine Mitsu parts cheaper than anyone in Australia.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
How the hell did you do that and when? you were just driving it couple of weeks ago.

G

Unregistered
if you have really snapped a cam shaft its a new head, and possible pistons,
your valves will be bent, and you pistons dented (at best)

be better/cheaper to get another motor than rebuild imo.

you sure they didnt say cam belt??

G

Unregistered
yeah man he defently said cam shaft as i had a look at the cam belt and that was still connected and had not slipped off. could i get that motor rebuilt and forged with the pistons and rods and cam shatfs from rpw

Top Bottom