cant get evoscan working - not seeing ecu

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
i have evoscan installed and purchased the VAG-COM OBD11 cable as per Hotwires make your own datalogging cable article. pins 1 and 4 are joined. i did NOT load the drivers that came with the cable.

on connecting the OBD11 cable to connector under dash i get diagnostic mode in instrument cluster so thats ok.

plugging the cable into the laptop ( evoscan 2.8) doesnt compalain about drivers, and the blue light on the cable comes on, but it keeps retrying every second and cannot conect to the ECU.

below is the evoscan event log

initialise vehicle ecu
OBD11 connecting..
initialising at 5 baud
initialistaion complete
OBD11 sync byte not found....00
datalogger ended

this is all i can get. i have openport 1.3 checkbox selected.
unplugging the cable from the car (but leaving connected to the laptop) results in the same error, it seems i have no connectivity, although the plug is firmly in, and the diagnostic mode on the dash is enabled. the OBD11 plug is fully populated with pins.

has anoyone had the same thing and resolved it??
I tried reinstalling evoscan USB drivers again but no change.

thanks for any help. ill log a docket with evoscan but thought id try here first.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Eddy,

I have had issues at times when swapping between the dodgy 1.3 cable, and the 2.0 cable, it has just been the selected options for me. Make sure Mitsubishi MUTIII is checked (below cable selection), Select ECU as EFI, and finally bottom right, make sure Select DTC/ECU is selcted as MUTII EFI and if that doesn't work try OBDII EFI (sorry can't remember which one works off the top of my head).

Try those and it should connect.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
Thanks heaps rob ill give that a go...

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
beauty - thats got it going! Thanks heaps Rob.

Top Bottom