Car history - little help please

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
Okies ive just done some searching and found out i bought my car off Syther aka matt.

Ive found out why ive got a ghey araldited up front logo and dodgy parker wiring.

But he lists high flow cat, 3 inch exhaust and boost controller as mods too....as far as im aware i dont have these. I got rpw front pipes, hard intercooler pipes and the annoying hks pod ( anyone wana buy it? comes with a spare new filter too...i need an airbox tho)

Anyone know what happened to the car/ where these parts went?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Were these missing mods listed as being on the vehicle when you bought it or are you looking through his old build thread?

It's fairly simple to say that if they weren't listed when the car was put up for sale that he took them off and sold them separately or kept them for another car, yea?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^^^ as above, always pays to look for any mods / after market parts at the time of purchase and ask those questions before handing over a lump of cash.

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
he didnt list them, he said he was getting a work van so i doubt he kept them, i was wondering if anyone remembered him selling them off. The exhaust im pretty sure is stock, i can see where hes removed the boost T but the cat doesnt look normal, i cant get at it to have a better look until i get the whole thing up on stands

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
and i just found a post saying he'd knocked the centre out of his cat....i really really need to get under this thing and have a look

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
His torque converter seal was f*** from memory, I've seen in at Elfes workshop back then for quiet a while. There were a few more things wrong with his car, but you better ring Elfe and ask him if he can remember!

Very strange car it was... AYC but no fender flares or high vis dash or rear spoiler! He sold it to a car yard for $8000 =(

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
im pretty sure he was running a 3" decat pipe. but the exhaust was most definitely not stock. was the loudest vr4 in wa and got comments on antilag cruises about how loud it was.

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
hmmm i wonder what he did with it...there arent exactly a load of legnums around it would have fitted on

Top Bottom